• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Consigning to Comiclink

5 posts in this topic

Hi all

I was curious if anyone had any comments, positive or negative, about consigning original art to a Comiclink auction. Is the commission standard or varying according to the item?

Please feel free to PM if you'd rather not post publicly.

Thanks in advance.

Joseph

Hi all

I was curious if anyone had any comments, positive or negative, about consigning original art to a Comiclink auction. Is the commission standard or varying according to the item?

Please feel free to PM if you'd rather not post publicly.

Thanks in advance.

Joseph

I currently have a page with then up for auction and while auction is still running i find their customer service so far top notch. they answer all my questions quickly and succinctly

Standard 10% consignment rate on OA. If u have a hi-value item, say $15k-$100k, u can try to negotiate a lower rate but will probably be denied because they are working on a thin 10% margin already. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Do sellers realize higher prices on Comic link than on eBay?

Are there many non-action Byrne/Austin X-men pages that go for $8K or non-action Perez/Marcos pages that go for $5K?

Phrased a different way, I guess the question becomes whether the sheer volume of eBay offsets what I would assume to be a more sophisticated audience on Comic link.

Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

- A