• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st CGC Batch and I Am Pleased!!!

5 posts in this topic

Hey gang, I received my 1st batch of certified CGC books (the month or so wait seemed like an eternity as I began to have nightmares that I had poorly packaged the books, etc...). Well, they are all here safe and sound, and only one came back lower than expected, and one came back exactly as I thought while the others all came back higher.

Sadly, I don't have photos, since I don't have a scanner (spent my money on certification foreheadslap.gif), but maybe I'll take digital photos with my camera if anyone wants to see anything (most are moderns).

Very happy! 893applaud-thumb.gif

ASM vol.2 #36 (3 copies in all) - CGC 9.6 (2 copies), CGC 9.2,

ASM #300 - CGC 9.4,

PHANTOM STRANGER vol.2 #1 - CGC 7.0 (I like the cover, hence the slab),

WOLVERINE #1 (Miller mini - 2 copies) - CGC 9.6 (both),

WOLVERINE #1 vol.1 (2 copies) - CGC 9.6 (both),

AMAZING FANTASY vol. 2 #15 - CGC 9.8 (anyone know how many have been slabbed - they don't show up in the census?),

IRON MAN #55 - CGC 8.5 (I had it graded as such, but was praying for a 9.0),

DAREDEVIL #168 (3 copies) - CGC 9.6 (thought it was a 9.2 max headbang.gif), CGC 9.4 (2 copies - I thought one was a 9.6 - my only true disappointment),

ALL-STAR SUPERMAN #1 VARIANT - CGC 9.8,

NEXT MEN #21 - CGC 9.6,

CAPTAIN AMERICA #25 (1 of each "regular" cover) - CGC 9.8 (both).

The best part is that the ASM #36 issues cost me $0.50 each, and the Miller WOLVERINEs cost me $1 each!!!!

I think I'll spend the summer months going through my books looking for what I grade as NM- because CGC seems to grade them 9.4-9.8 for the most part, and send in a second batch - I found some warehouse books recently, so perhaps I'll luck out.