• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Is Bad

19 posts in this topic

In the past week I've received three comics or comic related items.

1. CBM with cover story "65 Years Of The Batman".

2. DKR #3 (charity auction win)

3. DC Archives - Batman V.1

I'm a Marvel zombie, this is just wrong. 893whatthe.gif

No worries.......

I'm a Marvel Zombie myself, but am also a big Batman fan. Bats is an exception because he's probably the only non-Lame-arse superhero DC's ever put out.

Life would be so much better if Bats was a Marvel property.........

I don't know what's up with the massive price increase. I'm just glad I"m paying $5 an issue for the next 8 months (just re-upped my sub). I'll be letting my sub run out if they think I'm going to pay $7.00/issue though! insane.gif

Brian, words can't express how proud I am of you! cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

This is the first step.

Now say after me "I am not a Marvel Zombie, I am not a Marvel Zombie" Say it with pride and distinction!

If anyone is looking for some good Batman reads, I would highly recommend:

The Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told v1

The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told

they are all very awesome books that span from GA to BA.

Nice stuff!

DAM

The only cure is to dump those...FAST!!!...send them to me and I will replace them with a couple of "John Carter of Mars" and a "Tarzan"...then all will be right with the world.... cloud9.gif

The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told

I actually bought those when they came out (in the mid to late 80's I think) and still have them! acclaim.gif

Sweet! So if picked up the CBM 103 today and I have to tell you, a special thanks for everyone that pm'ed me about this issue - it's a must for any casual to serious Batman fan!! A really great issue.

I also got a kick out of seeing on page 52 they have Batman 614 pg 13, that's the piece I got in Philly.

Does anyone have a subscription to CBM? Would they recommend it? This is my first issue. I currently subscribe to CBG and throughly enjoy it.

DAM

I buy it month to month...sometimes they feature too heavy on comic-strips and not so much on comic books,...they seem to be focusing back on silver/bronze and gold books now though,....you should try to pick up an issue of CBM #100...it had a big story about the Black Bat pulp stories of the 30's and how Bob Kane and Bill Finger "borrowed" stories and artwork to create the Bat-Man..

J.D.

the mag went through a really bad downturn about a year ago, but has been great the last few months. The design is top of the line and the areticles have been really good. The focus is back where it should be. I was THIS close to forgetting them forever & they won me back cloud9.gif

No worries.......

I'm a Marvel Zombie myself, but am also a big Batman fan. Bats is an exception because he's probably the only non-Lame-arse superhero DC's ever put out.

If Batman was a marvel property then it would be the only superhero Marvel had.

DAM:

I wouldn't reccommend a sub to CBM... it's very hit or miss... and apparently, at $7 a pop, it's just not worth it. I'll read the market reports while standing in the store, but many times the articles aren't that interesting to me. Some months it's good, some it's not. I love Comic Book Artist (or if it has rebooted now... but I don't really know) but I can't say that I have a real fondness for CBM.

The Bats issue was just outstanding, and there are some that are like that.

I'm a Marvel zombie, this is just wrong.

OG, you're betraying yourself. What about 100 Bullets? Preacher?

Chris

Vertigo doesn't count because there are actually good books published under that imprint. grin.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Whatta you say to that, Tarheel!?

Chris

You talkin' to me? Well..coming from a guy who collects Fast Willie Jackson -- Enuff said! smirk.gif

No worries.......

Hmmm... Dazzler anybody ?? Ohh , I can't see.. too many pretty lights !!!

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif