• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ungraded Or Graded?

6 posts in this topic

hey, im new to boards, i normally buy all my comics off ebay as i dont have a local comic shop where i live, in the past ive mainly just bought most comics graded, but looking around on these boards ive noticed that some if not most buy ungraded comics off ebay and then send them to cgc, do you find this to be a better way?

if so could you list so reliable sellers on ebay i can keep my eye out for,

thanks alot everyone

If I buy raw books I hand pick them at shows or get them right here off of other respected forum members. Ebay is a Cr@p shoot and you get burned way more than you hit home runs. With that said there are a few sellers who you can trust most of the time. I will not list any but feedback, scan size and no questions asked return policies will help you determine who can and cannot be trusted.

I only buy ungraded (raw) comics. Weird with my being at the CGC forums, eh?-) We're all doing the same thing, it's just what we do once we get those comics that varies a little (and even then most slab collectors I know will also get a reading copy of the issue to enjoy it as well).

I can sympathize with the lack of stores- I was stationed in the middle of Kansas for 3 years and there was nada. If you can't go to the shows, start learning who the good sellers are by reading through the Kudos section in the Seller's Marketplace. Honest to goodness, in the 30+ comics I've bought here since joining EVERY SINGLE ONE has been graded at least correctly or undergraded. eBay doesn't even come close.

Welcome and happy hunting!

thanks guys for your help, is it possible to submit to CGC from the UK?

Yes but the shipping can get costly. I live in Florida and I think the shipping is too much.

hey, im new to boards, i normally buy all my comics off ebay as i dont have a local comic shop where i live, in the past ive mainly just bought most comics graded, but looking around on these boards ive noticed that some if not most buy ungraded comics off ebay and then send them to cgc, do you find this to be a better way?

if so could you list so reliable sellers on ebay i can keep my eye out for,

thanks alot everyone

Just look for sellers with decent feedback, nice scans, and a good return policy.