• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Copper Age Storylines

77 posts in this topic

Here are some more:

Daredevil 227-233____Born Again

Daredevil 238____Mutant Massacre tie-in

Daredevil 248-257____Wolverine, Intro Typhoid Mary, Punisher, Bullet, Bushwacker, Kingpin (#252 is one of my all-time favorites, a Fall of the Mutants tie-in)

Daredevil 259-282___Mephisto, Ultron, Silver Surfer, Intro Blackheart, Inhumans, Shotgun, Blob, Pyro

Fantastic Four Vs. X-men 1-4______post Mutant Massacre, One of the greatest FF stories that I've ever read. I hoard'em just to have copies to pass around. Highly recommended.

Detective Comics 575-578____Batman Year Two

Superman 400___Anniversary anthology - Bradbury, Bolland, Kirby, Williamson, Byrne, Jack Davis, Miller, Simonson, etc.

Marvel Comics Presents 10-16______7-part Colossus story - God's Country

Peter Porker, The Spectacular Spider-Ham 1-17___classic Marvel Funny Animal

Captain Carrot and his Amazing Zoo Crew 1-20____classic DC Funny Animal

Web Of Spider-Man 33, ASM 295, PPSS 133____Life in the Mad Dog Ward

Invasion 1-3____DC crossover

Batman: The Cult 1-4_____Starlin + Wrightson mini

Saga of Crystar, Crystal Warrior 1-11_____Toy tie-in

Visionaries 1-6___Toy tie-in

AH! My Todd McFarlane ASM collection is complete with some beautiful 9.4-9.6 copies of 313 & 314 today! Wahoo! I love reading the letter on how many people were unhappy with Todd's work on ASM, but his stuff easily the best looking from throughout the Copper and Modern Ages (in my opinion anyhow).

My first thought was definitely the Hobgoblin saga over ASM 238-289...but, I thought "The Kid Who Collects Spiderman" backup from 248 deserves a mention. Only comic I can think of that ever gave me the lump in the back of the throat.

AH! My Todd McFarlane ASM collection is complete with some beautiful 9.4-9.6 copies of 313 & 314 today! Wahoo! I love reading the letter on how many people were unhappy with Todd's work on ASM, but his stuff easily the best looking from throughout the Copper and Modern Ages (in my opinion anyhow).

I liked McFarlane back then. Now, when I look back at that stuff it's just wayyyyyyyy too busy. Give me Frenz or Romita Jr on Spidey any day over McFarlane. Although I would take McFarlane any day over Bagley.

I dunno... there's just something I really enjoy when I crack open a McFarlane issue that I don't seem to get from many of the other artists out there. And don't think I'm railing against JRJR (though don't ask me which of the two Romitas is best wink.gif ), I just always dug Todd's work. One concession I WILL make, however, is I felt that his take on MJ was always a little.... trashy? Not always, but sometimes it's a little more than I care for.

But there will never be anyone who can do a better Venom than him- I'll go to the mattresses on that one wink.gif

I liked McFarlane back then. Now, when I look back at that stuff it's just wayyyyyyyy too busy. Give me Frenz or Romita Jr on Spidey any day over McFarlane. Although I would take McFarlane any day over Bagley.

Actually, give me Romita Sr any day on Spiderman.

Actually, give me Romita Sr any day on Spiderman.

No doubt

And if we were on the Silver Age thread, you better believe it. But I don't recall JRSR doing on ASM work in the CA. makepoint.gif (j/k) But yeah, I don't think you can compare Todd (no matter how cool he is) with the likes of Ditko and JRSR.

And if we were on the Silver Age thread, you better believe it. But I don't recall JRSR doing on ASM work in the CA. makepoint.gif (j/k) But yeah, I don't think you can compare Todd (no matter how cool he is) with the likes of Ditko and JRSR.

sumo.gif

1855892-Spidey274CGC094.jpg

1855892-Spidey274CGC094.jpg.0ccdf3ba47818de351d8cbd62ccf4ab3.jpg

Someone else mentioned Miracleman, and I have to agree. That's some of the best stuff ever, not just Copper Age. But then again, I haven't read a lot of the stuff mentioned here, so now I have a lot to catch up on. smile.gif

Some random issues not mentioned yet

X-men v Teen Titans

What If (Old) various: Phoenix hadn't died, Wolverine v Hulk, Hulk went Berserk, Conan issues, Daredevil Issues.

Camelot 3000

Web of Spidey 1

Batman 404-407 Miller Mazzuchelli

Punisher mini series