• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions regarding seller aardvarkps

70 posts in this topic

Has Muad_dib been back here under another shill?

In the immortal words of greggy - confused-smiley-013.gif?

I've seen him browse the forums but he hasn't posted with his old one. Dunno if he has a new ID. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And I know it's been explained on these boards before, but with a book that looks that good, if it's truely unrestored, why not spend the money and ten days to get it slabbed and laugh all the way to the bank? Or am I not getting something here?

I have a scenario to run by you. after considering it, I would be hard pressed to ever buy a raw book from this seller again. honestly, I have a hard time ever buying expensive raw books from anyone I don't know, but check this out. He bought this book in October

Spiderman 8

and now he is selling this book. spiderman 8 reserve at ?

In my paranoid world he scribbled a little bit in the cca box so no one could say

it was the same book, but thats me.

I don't think I understand the logic here... why would he remove a book from the case, LOWER the grade, and then try to sell it for a higher price than what he paid for it?

I'm not saying he didn't do it, but I just really don't understand why he would.

i wasn't quite sure if you were kidding around, so i'll answer. he bought a CGC purple label # 8 graded 8.0, now he has a raw book, no restoration, that looks exactly the same except for a scribble in the cca box that he says is VF+, VF/NM, confused.gif with a reserve price higher than what he paid for the slightly trimmed book.

Hard to tell, but I don't think they're the same book. Look at the yellow margin to the right of the comics code in both cases...one's a little narrower.

I took a close look at both books and even though there is a possiblity that they might be the same book, there does seem to be a very VERY slight difference in cover wrap. Due to the low quality of the scan of the qualified book it is impossible to tell for sure.