• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sell Those Mile High 2's If You Got 'Em!

11 posts in this topic

Seems Chuck still has a boatload of MH2 copies that are getting the fancy new CGC label. To include three copies of X-Men #131....

Interesting that he still has copies of those comics given the MH2 label after 17 years given that only 5-30 of each issue got the designation..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

I'm quite perturbed that this collection is being mixed in on the label with the original owner collections. mad.gif

Sorry, I don't quite follow.....are you disturbed because MH2 is getting the same designation as say the Mile High or Larsen collection? Or they are getting mixed in with the original MH2 collection?

Jim

Hmmmm... that's odd... Here's an email from Chuck... after I had contacted him about the MH2 Hulk book I had seen and followed up asking about MH2 in general...

Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 17:05:32 -0600

Subject: Re: Brief question about MH2

To: "*******" <*********************>

Reply-to: chuck@milehighcomics.com

Organization: http://www.milehighcomics.com

MIME-version: 1.0

X-Accept-Language: en-us, en

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020823

Netscape/7.0 (nscd2)

Original-recipient: ****************

********** wrote:

>Thanks for taking the time to reply... Last I heard the collection wound up

>with Richard Evans, but I have no idea where the books went from there.

If you see them again, check them carefully. This all sounds very strange.

>Are there still any MH2 books for sale (with certificates)? I know you have

>indicated you still have tens of thousands that wound up in the regular

>inventory. But I wasn't able to find any MH2 books on the website. I recall

>picking up a few on your online auctions back in 1997, but I stopped

>following them when you moved them to Amazon...

As of right now, we have no Mile High II books for sale. There may be a box of them still in the back room, but I haven't seen them for a while. If I run across them, I'll let you know. I believe, however, that we sold them a couple of years ago.

>That's the last question I had. If there are still MH2's available and you

>can direct me to the appropriate part of the website, or the correct

>person's email address, that would be great.

All the best!

Chuck

---------------------------------------

Sold them all a couple years ago... hmmmm....

'House

I'm sorry but I can't believe that all the original certified MH2 X-Mens comics didn't sell long ago. Especially, pre-#137 issues.....

Not trying to place blame on them in this instance but how is CGC certifying that these are from the original documented MH2 collection?

Jim

At least he has a fair price on Y-The Last Man #1. He only wants $75 for a NM copy! 893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gif

And he's paying $1.75 according to his buy list... 893whatthe.gif

But thanks for reminding me to check his site... I see he's paying $5 again for Green Arrow #1, I need to send him about 20 copies... Still have about 80 lying around...

Not trying to place blame on them in this instance but how is CGC certifying that these are from the original documented MH2 collection?

When I've had pedigrees certified (Oakland, Northland come to mind), I simply supplied the original documentation. Unfortunately, Chuck's the one that creates the "original" documentation for this pedigree!! Must be nice, huh?

He probably just submitted a ton of them and instead of having them say "from the collection of Chuck R", he had them put MH2. Guess it's his way of skirting the fact that his MH2 is NOT a pedigree.

Brian

I think the label should read "From the Dumb Luck Warehouse Find of Chuck Rozanski - Or Maybe Not."

How about--After being stolen from Marvel Comics, the proceeds from this collection went to support Drug Abuse in the greater NY area.