• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM- Wolverine (mini) #1

6 posts in this topic

OK, here is one of my Wolverine #1 by Frank Miller. Let me know what you think. I would also lke to know everyones opinion on autographs on comics and whether or not it hurts the actual comic value. This copy is signed by Frank Miller at the bottom of page 1.

Thanks in advance-

Cecil

Wolverinemini1front.jpg

Wolverinemini1back.jpg

Ok... small little ding back bottom right cover, back upper left corner, small crease, looks like a slight corner blunting on the front upper left, and a stress line w/ color break near the front bottom staple. Overall great looking issue here. I'm going to shoot between 9.2 - 9.4

Mind you, I don't slab my books, but from what I understand, comics signed inside the book will garner a blue label (universal) where as those signed w/o a CGC witness get the green label (qualified). Lastly, you can always have a comics signed in the presence of a CGC official and earn the prestigious yellow label (Signature Series).

Does a signed comic hurt the grade? I don't think so. If you don't have a legitimate Certificate of Authenticity (COA) or a SS slab issue, however, it gets a little problematic trying to price it higher than it's normal rate at that grade since you can't prove the person signed it. So, my advice: if you want to sell signed books, go signature series. if you want to collect 'em, have them done in person if possible, do ss, or if you buy 'em secondhand, don't pay more than you would for a normal issue of that grade as a protection measure.

9.2, maybe a shot at 9.4 due to back bottom right damage and what looks like one color breaking spine crease on front right below the shoulder.

as for the signature, if you planned on getting this slabbed it could hurt if someone saw the green qualified label as opposed to the yellow ss.