• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is 3.5 ~ Zoltrax needs to know???

19 posts in this topic

Suppose I was an alien from the planet Crax and I landed on earth in the hopes of bringing some comics back to my homeworld...(BTW..when I landed all OS and Wizards suddenly ceased to exist)

I happen to find a comic book encased in a plastic holder with a big 3.5 printed on a blue label....

I notice that CGC is where this book was entombed so I go to their website to find out what 3.5 means only to find a designation of VG- next to the number??? Well that doesn't explain much to me... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So....Where would I go to find a definition of VG- as it pertains to a CGC book???

Then he'd call his Overstreet Advisor Darth, and be tongue-lashed for even bring up the spectre of old-school grading terms.

"There is no such thing as a VG- ya old fart, it's 3.5!"

"So what is a 3.5?"

"Don't ask me pinhead, it's CGC that be picking the numbers! Check their website."

"Grrrr"

The alien then decides to consume our stupid planet....

You wouldn't be able to take back comics to Crax,....everybody knows the atmosphere of Crax is made up of 70% ammonia acid which would turn the paper of the books to dust in a mere matter of hours...sheesh...is this a trick question or are you just stupid??

J.D.

Are you sure???

In my Overstreet guide to the Galaxies it says "Fine–"

I thought that translated to a 35% ammonia acid atmosphere.

It might have been at one time but all the excessive, frivolous space travel has torn their ozone level to shreds,...it's much higher now,..it's also why there skin has that yellow tint to it.

Foolish humans...the comics will be sealed in a hyperbolic atmospherically controlled cylinder made of cranthisium and zorflex....

As for the web locations...neither of them explain to me what a CGC 3.5 actually means...

And I did not "fly"...we use ralion technology which gives us the capability to travel on thought waves...thus the 576.43 parsecs from my world are traversed instantaniously....

So....Where would I go to find a definition of VG- as it pertains to a CGC book???

SOTI...it seems's Werhtham's historic tome also had a grading guide that is often missing as much as the bibliography tongue.gif

CGC was around when he wrote that???

Wertham was a man ahead of his time and accurately foretold, in a Nostradamus-esque sort of way, that this evil hobby would spawn a 3rd party grading giant, rising high and spurting like a geyser above the homoerotic context of AlphaGrades to dominate the rest of the perverse and force their deviant grading methods on the old degenerates... tongue.gif

Keep reading, in the next chapter Wertham predicts the next age of comics........The Coming of the Ultimate Age. This chapter foretells of the rise of USM White to AF 15 levels. People ravage eBay, cons, and store fronts in search of HG Ultimate titles. At the same time, all the AF 15's end up at the bottom of bird cages and cat boxes.

insane.gifinsane.gif

Foolish humans...the comics will be sealed in a hyperbolic atmospherically controlled cylinder made of cranthisium and zorflex....

As for the web locations...neither of them explain to me what a CGC 3.5 actually means...

And I did not "fly"...we use ralion technology which gives us the capability to travel on thought waves...thus the 576.43 parsecs from my world are traversed instantaniously....

Have you bumbed into K-Pax yet?