• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.6 With Tear!?!?! Ughh I Wanna Cry!!!

45 posts in this topic

I'm coming to the party a little late, but it looks like a classic slice caused by putting the book into some kind of case. In this case, the well.

Good on CGC for making good on this. I know it's a pain in the rear end, but it sounds like they're going to make good on this.

And really, who amongst us hasn't sliced a book before. I shaved a lovely slice off an otherwise VF copy of Our Army at War #136... and swore at myself like a sailor.

Shep

Ugh... I'm guilty of the tape pull on the cover thingee.

I just did that recently on a formerly very sweet Wonder Woman 201. frustrated.gif

I hearya, SeanH... it's been many years, but memories of slicing a 1/3" piece of the top of the spine of a (previously) FN/FN+ copy of Batman #20 (gulp) still haunt me... Mylars can be carnivores, far as comics are concerned... 893whatthe.gif

I'm coming to the party a little late, but it looks like a classic slice caused by putting the book into some kind of case. In this case, the well.

Good on CGC for making good on this. I know it's a pain in the rear end, but it sounds like they're going to make good on this.

And really, who amongst us hasn't sliced a book before. I shaved a lovely slice off an otherwise VF copy of Our Army at War #136... and swore at myself like a sailor.

Shep

Ugh... I'm guilty of the tape pull on the cover thingee.

I just did that recently on a formerly very sweet Wonder Woman 201. frustrated.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

It's not in the notes. Send it in and we'll look at it and compensate you accordingly. Sorry this happened. frown.gif
Thanks - I don't want you to think I'm ripping into CGC. It's just my first submission and this happens... 893whatthe.gif You know what they say about 1st impressions...

The gentlemen I spoke to over the phone from CGC said the same you did, and he was very polite, and sincere. I hope it all works out, but I've had so MANY bad experiences with customer service in general, that I ALWAYS expect to come out on the losing end. Don't get me started on my internet provider and my problems with them - those [insert LOTS of bad words here!!!]!!!!

I'll package the book with a second batch of books to be graded and hope for the best. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'd be willing to bet that you are very happy with the outcome. CGC has their problems, but when it comes to clearing up one of their mistakes they go above and beyond what most would consider adequate.