• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Assorted mid-grade Marvel comics from 1970s-1990s

4 posts in this topic

*Buyers from the continental United States only, please.*

Please Note Before Continuing

This is my first attempt at selling comics (or anything, for that matter) so please keep that in mind if you decide to purchase any of my comics. I will do my best to get them to you as quickly and as cheaply as possible. Any and all questions, comments and suggestions are very much welcomed. Because this is my first time selling I am restricting sales to the continental United States. I would like to have some shipping experience under my belt before trying international/overseas shipping.

Payment

I accept PayPal and postal money orders only.

Grading

I have done my best to note all defects in these comics and have assigned them a grade using the grading definitions available at Gemstone Publishing's website. I think I am pretty good at spotting defects; I am not so sure about my grading. So be sure to look over the scans carefully and try to make your own determination. I have not read all of these comics and while I think it unlikely any of them are missing pages or adverts there is always that chance.

Pricing

I used ComicsPriceGuide.com to find a "suggested" price for these comics and then came up with my own lower price. I do not have any of the Overstreet Price Guides (although I do have two Wizard magazines from 1997/1998) so I am just making a guess at what these are worth. Feel free to make a counter-offer.

Shipping

I started this thread in Comics General to get some advice on shipping and packaging and what I have decided to try is a flat $5 fee using the USPS flat rate shipping envelopes which should fit up to five comics plus some cardboard/packaging. If in the unlikely event someone wants more than five books, I can look into the USPS flat rate shipping boxes, which would be (I believe) $8.95 and can hold maybe twenty comics. I am willing to try media mail if anyone would be more interested in that.

With those introductory notes over and done with, here are the comics I am hoping someone -- anyone -- will take off my hands. I believe a good percentage of them are worthless. First, I will list the books with my grading notes and the price from ComicsPriceGuide.com and my asking price in red. At the end will be a full list of just the titles and my prices.

Avengers, Volume I

#381 December - Double Feature, Giant-Man

avengers381fronthh4.th.jpgavengers381backdr3.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Two comics in one; front cover (double feature along top) and back cover (no UPC). Front cover has a nasty but minor crease that pulls back the cover somewhat. Along the top edge, small tears and creases. Small round mark on UPC. Back cover has long but minor crease along left edge, small tears on spine. White pages. 8.0-8.5 (VF/VF+)

PRICE: #2.60 $1.00

Marvel Tales

#63 November - Reprints Amazing Spider-Man #82

marveltales63frontwi4.th.jpgmarveltales63backsr9.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: There are about two inches of small, white scratch marks across the top quarter of the book. Could be wear or some sort of printing defect. Who knows (not me). The book is otherwise in very fine shape, with tight edges and only slightly blunted corners. The top edge has a tiny amount of wear, there is a tiny amount of wear around the top staple and a handful of very small stress marks on the spine. Back cover has soiling (?) or discoloration. 7.0 (FN/VF)

PRICE: $2.20 $1.00

#104 June - Reprints Amazing Spider-Man #127

marveltales104frontrm5.th.jpgmarveltales104backzj9.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Odd stain (ink?) above an inch of the top edge (and stains all the pages); area is slightly pressed. There are creases around the same area on the front cover. Spine has minor stress marks. Corners are only slightly blunted; bottom right hand corner also has the tiniest of creases. Top edge of the back cover has some wear, entire back cover has slight discoloration, especially along the spine. 5.5 (FN-) for the stain.

PRICE: $0.84 $0.50

#105 July - Reprints Amazing Spider-Man #128

marveltales105frontui5.th.jpgmarveltales105backud4.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Bottom left hand quarter has some slight waviness, most apparant on the back (where it corresponds to the bottom right hand quarter). Edges are mostly sharp, some minor wear along the top edge of the cover, including a slight bend above the price and issue number. Spine has a few stress marks, edges are slightly blunted, bottom right hand edge of the front cover has a crease. Spot of ink below Spidey's leg. Back cover has the aforementioned waviness, some minor discoloration near the spine and an odd blue stain about two inches down on the right side. 5.5 (FN-)

PRICE: $0.84 $0.50

#138 April - Reprints Amazing Spider-Man #1

marveltales138frontof3.th.jpgmarveltales138backvi8.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Top edge of the front cover has some wear, including a light diagonal crease from the top left corner through "TALES." There also looks to be a very, very minor crease through the middle of the cover but this could just be some sort of light indentation. Edges and corners are mostly sharp. Back cover has some spots of ink (?) near the upper right corner along with some wear on the top edge. There is an odd smudge/stain about two-thirds of the way down, above the bank in the free Lone Ranger Western Town! 7.0 (FN/VF)

PRICE: $2.20 $1.00

#140 June - Reprints Amazing Spider-Man #3

marveltales140frontsk8.th.jpgmarveltales140backwb1.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Looks nice at first glance but is peppered with defects. There is a circular stain, like someone left a tiny coffee cup on the cover, that circles Spidey's head. The spine has some minor to moderate wear, especially the bottom half, including quite a few stress marks and a nast crease through the UPC. Corners are blunted, with some creases on the bottom right hand corner. Top edge shows wear. The back has discoloration, a stain on the spine above the lower staple, two long creases on upper left, a small tear on the upper left, a smaller tear about halfway down the left and general dirtiness. 5.0 (VG/FN)

PRICE: $0.57 $0.50

Marvel's Greatest Comics (1969-1981)

#51 September - The Fantastic Four

marvelsgreatestcomics51vf5.th.jpgmarvelsgreatestcomics51oz9.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Moderate wear on cover, including multiple small, color-breaking stress marks on the spine, a light crease through the Thing's right foot, as well as creases on the lower right corner and some creases along the lower right edge. Small tear (burn?) on the back cover that goes through the last page of the book. Upper left corner of the back has water damage that goes through much of the book. Light creases a half-inch and an inch from the upper left corner. Arrival date stamped on "greatest" on the cover. 6.5-7.0 (FN+,FN/VF)

PRICE: $1.90 $1.00

#55 March - The Fantastic Four

marvelsgreatestcomics55jk1.th.jpgmarvelsgreatestcomics55kf8.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Arrival date stamped along top of front cover. Moderate wear on cover, including wear on the spine, several stress marks/bumps, a non-color breaking tear/crease between Spidey's fist and the Human Torch's knee, a small tear beneath the Human Torch's flame under Spidey's foot, a crease on the lower right hand corner, and an overall dull look to the formerly white cover. Wear on back cover includes several small tears on the left hand edge, blunting along the bottom edge, two inch-long indentations through "diploma" along with a small indentation, and strange, dirty marks on the bottom fourth. 5.5-6.0 (FN-,FN)

PRICE: $1.00 $0.50

Amazing Adventures, Volume I (1970-1976)

#25 July - War of the Worlds

amazingadventures25fronfo3.th.jpgamazingadventures25backpy7.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Cover is very rough but intact, with substantial wear and multiple creases on the upper right hand quadrant and a long crease down the bottom half, plus blunted corners, many creases on the corners, lots of stress marks on the spine. Upper right hand corners of first two pages are bent over. Back cover fares better, dirty rather than white with slightly blunted corners, slightly worn edges. Off-white pages. 3.5-4.0 (VG-, VG)

PRICE: $1.40 $0.50

Astonishing Tales (1970-1976)

#27 December - Deathlok the Demolisher (Origin of Deathlok)

astonishingtales27frontrl5.th.jpgastonishingtales27backwo9.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Moderate wear on cover, blunted edges, creases on lower right hand edge, stress marks on spine, small tears on edges. Back cover dirty rather than white, several spots on left edge next to "Just looking at it..." and on spine. Off-white pages. 6.0-6.5 (FN, FN+)

PRICE: $5.25 $2.00

#28 February - Deathlok the Demolisher

astonishingtales28frontyw7.th.jpgastonishingtales28backpi0.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Moderate wear on cover, slightly blunted edges, small creases on upper and lower right hand edges, stress and wear on spine, minor crease about 1" in from the upper right corner, 2" production crease (slightly raised line) through "featuring." Back cover has two of the production creases, is generally dirty rather than white, especially near the spine, corners are sharper, scuff marks around "CRASH" under the cycle. Off-white pages. 6.0-6.5 (FN, FN+)

PRICE: $5.25 $2.00

#30 June - Deathlok the Demolisher

astonishingtales30frontiz0.th.jpgastonishingtales30backir6.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Minor wear on cover, weird white marks along right edge (production defects?), minor blunting on corners, slight creases on top and bottom edges, slight stress marks on spine. Back cover dirty rather than white, especially near spine, bottom edge has creases and scuff marks, brown marks above girl's face on top. Off-white pages. 6.5-7.0 (FN+, FN/VF)

PRICE: $7.25 $3.00

#32 November - Deathlok the Demolisher

astonishingtales32frontgo7.th.jpgastonishingtales32backlh8.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Generally nice cover, blunted edges, creases on lower right hand edge, minor production crease above "cannibal," odd tear through "ER" in "Demolisher," scuff mark next to the fallen man's head on the bottom edge. Back cover has somewhat more wear, dirty rather than white, especially near the spine and bottom edge; black and white photo may be more worn than it should be, hard to tell. Small tear on right edge, black spot near red vertical bars, red sploth through "counting," "completed," and "way" in top bold paragraph. Off-white pages. 7.5-8.0 (VF-, VF)

PRICE: $9.30 $4.00

#33 January - Deathlok the Demolisher

astonishingtales33frontfi3.th.jpgastonishingtales33backzg7.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Minor wear on cover, with several long creases on top and bottom, blunted edges with some creases, odd intentions (as if someone was drawing on a piece of paper on top of the book), generally dirty. Back cover in better shape, tight edges aside from slight bending on top edge, dirty rather than white near spine. Off-white pages. 6.0-6.5 (FN, FN+)

PRICE: $4.20 $1.00

#34 March - Deathlok the Demolisher

astonishingtales34frontcp2.th.jpgastonishingtales34backeo2.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Cover seems miscut but otherwise generally nice with minor wear. Three small indentations between the man's legs, blunted corners, edges sharp with minor creasing, spine has several small stress lines. Back cover sharp but dirty rather than white, bottom lower right hand corner has small tear. Off-white pages. 7.0-7.5 (FN/VF, VF-)

PRICE: $7.50 $3.00

#36 July - Deathlok the Demolisher

astonishingtales36frontnb7.th.jpgastonishingtales36backro6.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Very sharp cover, minor blunting on corners, multiple stress marks on spine, including some that are color breaking. Seems miscut along top. Back cover is sharp, slightly dirty rather than white, small stain midway down the spine, stress marks on spine. Off-white pages. 7.5-8.0 (VF-, VF)

PRICE: $9.30 $4.00

Marvel Team-Up, Volume I (1972-1985)

#36 August - Spider-Man and the Frankenstein Monster

marvelteamup36fronthe9.th.jpgmarvelteamup36backsb1.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Tight edges, slightly blunted corners, especially upper and lower right hand with small creases. Several small stress marks on spine. Upper left hand corner is blunted about 1/4" as if the book was dropped. Back cover is generally dirty rather than white, top edge has slight creases but no tears. Off-white pages. 7.5-8.0 (VF-, VF)

PRICE: $4.50 $1.00

#2 King-Size Marvel Team-Up Annual! - Spider-Man and The Hulk

marvelteamupannual2frongs1.th.jpgmarvelteamupannual2backqa7.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Front cover is nice, sharp edges and slightly blunted corners, slight crease along the upper left edge next to the Spidey/Hulk heads. Back cover is another story. Staples seem misaligned and staple imprints can be seen a quarter-inch in from the spine. General dirty look on the formerly white color. Small tear on the upper right hand corner along the spine. White pages. 7.5-8.0 (VF-, VF)

PRICE: $8.00 $3.00

Man-Thing, Volume I (1973-1975)

Giant-Size Man-Thing #2 November - The Monster Runs Wild!

giantsizemanthing2frontkq3.th.jpggiantsizemanthing2backoc0.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Solid squarebound book. Cover has minor wear, chiefly blunted corners with creases, tiny portion of bottom of spine is missing, two tears on spine, generally tight edges. Back cover somewhat dirty rather than white, tear on top edge, and an inch-long tear along bottom of spine, which really kills this one. Off-white pages. 4.0-4.5 due to the spine split. (VG, VG+)

PRICE: $3.50 $2.00

Marvel Two-In-One (1974-1983)

#31 September 1977 - The Thing Alone Against The Mystery Menace

marveltwoinone31frontpn5.th.jpgmarveltwoinone31backgo5.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Solid cover with one substantial crease through the Thing's right leg, blunted corners, plenty of wear on spine. Price of .25 cents written atop first page. Back cover dirty rather than white, otherwise solid, with slight blunting on corners and slight wear on top edge. White/off-white pages. 5.5-6.0 (FN-, FN)

PRICE: $1.00 $0.50

#42 August - The Thing And Captain America

marveltwoinone42frontco5.th.jpgmarveltwoinone42backxl9.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Very solid cover, slightest of blunted corners, .80 cent price written top first page, upper right hand corners of interior pages bent slightly. Back cover white, edges mostly sharp, slight blunting about 1/4" in from top and bottom right hand corners. White/off-white pages. 8.0-8.5 (VF, VF+)

PRICE: $2.60 $1.00

#58 December - The Thing And Marvel's Latest, Greatest Super-Star...Aquarian

marveltwoinone58frontfk6.th.jpgmarveltwoinone58backmy6.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Long crease through "THING" on front cover. Blunting on corners, bottom right hand corner bent back, wear on edges, smudge above "MICS" in "COMICS" along top edge, tear above "M" in "MARVEL" and stress marks on spine. Price written atop front page. Back cover has brown stain on the top left hand corner two inches in. Off-white pages. 6.5-7.0 (FN+, FN/VF)

PRICE: $1.40 $0.50

Super-Villain Team-Up (1975-1980)

Giant-Size Super-Villain Team-Up #1 March 1975

giantsizesupervillainteyh3.th.jpggiantsizesupervillaintekj0.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Very rough cover, .25 cents written beneath .50 printed price, spine is worn and beaten, edges are very blunted, faint delivery date underneath "pages," tears and creases on edges, tears/scrapes under "group" next to the comics code stamp. Dr. Doom's hand and laser blast are worn, small tear on bottom edge beneath Dr. Doom's left foot. Back cover is in better shape, generally dirty rather than white, small tears on edges, dirt on spine, smudged area around "already know" and "high school" on left column. Off-white pages. 4.0-4.5 (VG, VG+)

PRICE: $4.00 $1.00

Giant-Size Super-Villian Team-Up #2 June

giantsizesupervillainteuw8.th.jpggiantsizesupervillaintett9.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Very, very rough cover, spine has multiple tears, is more creased than not, bottom 1/4" of the spine is gone, corners are very blunted, edges are very worn, several long creases. Back cover dirty rather than white, tears on spine are noticeable, some waviness, tears on edges. Off-white pages. 3.0-3.5 (GD/VG, VG-)

PRICE: $2.40 $0.50

What If...?, Volume I (1977-1985)

#21 June - What If Invisible Girl of the Fantastic Four Married the Sub-Mariner?

whatif21frontzd6.th.jpgwhatif21backls4.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Very tight squarebound book. Cover is sharp, slightly blunted edges, small creases on bottom right hand corner, some stress marks on spine, tiny portion of the bottom of the spine is torn off. Upper right hand corner has a crease 1/4" in; 1/4" in from the spine is a minor reading crease from the cover being pulled back. Small black mark 1/2" to the left of "WHAT," small pen mark above the "H" in "WHAT," smudge above "IF." Back cover solid and white, small smudge marks near spine about 1/4 and 3/4 of the way down. Edges sharp. Off-white pages. 8.0 (VF)

PRICE: $4.25 $2.00

Fantasy Masterpieces, Volume II (1979-1981)

#7 June - Silver Surfer

fantasymasterpieces7fromt3.th.jpgfantasymasterpieces7backs0.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Solid squarebound book with small tears on spine, slightly blunted corners, tight edges, tiny portion of bottom of spine torn away. Price written atop inside front cover. Back cover has several nasty staple imprints and other scuffing. Upper left hand corner creased. White/off-white pages. 8.0-8.5 (VF, VF+)

PRICE: #3.50 $1.50

#12 November - Silver Surfer

fantasymasterpieces12frjw4.th.jpgfantasymasterpieces12baua7.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Very nice looking book with very minor wear on the bottom edge of the front cover, four or five tiny stress marks on the spine, a slight scuff mark under the price in the upper left corner, and what looks like a printing defect -- a black line -- that goes through the wrist and chest of The Abomination and the Surfer's thigh. Faint price written on top of the first page. Back cover is sharp, with some slight wear on the bottom edge. 9.2 (NM-)

PRICE: $3.88 $1.50

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars (1984-1985)

#11 March - The Face of Doom

secretwars11frontjx4.th.jpgsecretwars11backcs3.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Seems miscut/miswrapped. Incredibly sharp cover, slightest of blunting on corners, several tiny indentations near Mr. Fantastic's leg, slight indentation on lower right hand corner. Back cover sharp, corners sharp aside from upper right hand corner, slight marks on top edge. White pages. 9.4 (NM)

PRICE: $4.00 $1.50

The X-Men vs. The Avengers (1987)

#1 April

xmenvsavengers1frontue4.th.jpgxmenvsavengers1backjz0.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Bright colors, tight corners, sharp spine. Some white marks along the left edge of the cover. Scuff marks on the back. 9.4-9.6 (NM, NM+)

PRICE: $2.50 $1.00

Avengers: The Terminatrix Objective (1993-1994)

#1 September

avengersterminatrixobjexo9.th.jpgavengersterminatrixobjege2.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Bright colors (reflective cover), sharp edges and corners, one or two tiny stress marks on spine, slightest of blunting on lower left hand corner. Small spot of "gunk" on back cover around "blackheads" beneath the spaceship. White pages. 9.8 (NM/MT)

PRICE: $3.00 $1.00

Doom 2099 (1993-1996)

#1 January 1993, Foil Cover

doom20991frontok1.th.jpgdoom20991backsl1.th.jpg

GRADING NOTES: Very sharp cover with reflective foil cover. Minor stress marks along spine. Back cover the same with some stress marks on the spine. White pages. 9.2 (NM-)

PRICE: $4.85 $1.50

List of Titles with Asking Prices

Avengers #381 $0.50

Marvel Tales #63 $0.50

Marvel Tales #104 $1.00

Marvel Tales #105 $0.50

Marvel Tales #138 $1.00

Marvel's Greatest Comics #51 $0.50

Marvel's Greatest Comics #55 $0.50

Astonishing Tales #27 $2.00

Astonishing Tales #28 $2.00

Astonishing Tales #30 $3.00

Astonishing Tales #32 $4.00

Astonishing Tales #33 $1.00

Astonishing Tales #34 $3.00

Astonishing Tales #36 $4.00

Marvel Team-Up #36 $1.00

Marvel Team-Up King-Size Annual #2 $3.00

Giant-Size Man-Thing #2 $2.00

Marvel Two-in-One #31 $0.50

Marvel Two-in-One #42 $1.00

Marvel Two-in-One #58 $0.50

Giant-Size Super-Villain Team-Up #1 $1.00

Giant-Size Super-Villain Team-Up #2 $0.50

What If...? #21 (Vol. 1) $2.00

Fantasy Masterpieces #7 (Vol 2) $1.50

Fantasy Masterpieces #12 (Vol 2) $1.50

Secret Wars #11 $1.50

The X-Men vs. The Avengers #1 $1.00

Avengers: The Terminatrix Objective #1 $1.00

Doom 2099 #1 $1.50

Whew. So, there they are, my worthless comics that nobody will buy yet I spent two and a half days grading and scanning them. Take them all for $35 and we'll figure out some sort of deal on postage. Just post the little "I'll take it guy" or send me a private message if you are interested in anything. Or feel free to insult, snicker at or otherwise deride my grading and/or pricing. Thanks.