• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peanuts daily goes nuts

10 posts in this topic

As if I needed another reason to avoid collecting Peanuts art until the family has had their fill....

Link

What makes you think they will ever get their fill? You do know, they print $ don't you....

.... what article did I read recently that Schulz is still in the top 20 paid entertainers??!!

....plus, talk about a broooad market, I would bet that neither of the historic price setting dailies were bought by the estate... of course, I could be wrong, but I am curious.

...I'm happy to have been able to buy my one lonely example right before this hullaballoo. Would like to add another but am not hopeful. confused.gif

Dan

Not suggesting that their appetite will ever be satisfied. Only hoping that it does so the "common folk" can get some scraps that fall off the table.

Also not assuming that the estate "bought" these items but I get the sense they were in the bidding and therefore helped drive up the price.

I know that certain collectors have been successful bidders at auction for Peanuts material but generally these have not been "classic" strips (i.e. Red Baron, Pumpkin patch, baseball, etc). I have been told that the Estate is less interested in the early material (L'il Folks) so I have been keeping my eyes peeled for one of those.

Dan

Not suggesting that their appetite will ever be satisfied. Only hoping that it does so the "common folk" can get some scraps that fall off the table.

Also not assuming that the estate "bought" these items but I get the sense they were in the bidding and therefore helped drive up the price.

I know that certain collectors have been successful bidders at auction for Peanuts material but generally these have not been "classic" strips (i.e. Red Baron, Pumpkin patch, baseball, etc). I have been told that the Estate is less interested in the early material (L'il Folks) so I have been keeping my eyes peeled for one of those.

Hey, you and me both on getting some scraps. I was fortunate to pick up a very nice example which is up in my CAF-

http://qurls.com?i=2597

I am looking for more, but at this point I'm hoping to pick up one or two more 'bad' examples so I don't have to take out a second mortgage. I was just hoping you might know something about the 'family' moving on, but I think this is not going to happen anytime soon. Also, I would also like a Lil Folks... Weiss has had a few of those too, he may get more.... thumbsup2.gif

Personally, I thought the pumpkin daily that sold recently blew this one away. In fact, of all the Peanuts strips I've ever seen on the open market, it's by far my favorite.

Sould have pulled the trigger on that one, but I suspect I still would have lost and that the only effect my participation would have had would have been to drive the final selling price up even higher. "sigh"

I don't want just an average example, but it looks like my chance of owning the 'best of the best' is rapidly slipping through my fingers.

Bill