• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

William Hurt is Thunderbolt Ross

8 posts in this topic

Why the heck would Sam Elliott turn down a sequel? I'm not getting all the aversion Hollywood had to the first film...it did well financially and about as well critically as a movie about a giant mutated man-monster could hope to get. The drama was a bit *bleah*, but the special effects were exciting and VERY well done, they far exceeded my expectations.

I'm still amused by how the CGI guys fricked up Hulk's height...they made him 10-11 feet tall because they thought that's how big he was depicted in the comics. I seem to recall reading that one of the CGI designers at a convention got a real deer-in-the-headlights look on his face when someone asked why they made him so big and he responded that's how the comics depicted him, and then got corrected by the crowd. blush.gif

Why the heck would Sam Elliott turn down a sequel? I'm not getting all the aversion Hollywood had to the first film...it did well financially and about as well critically as a movie about a giant mutated man-monster could hope to get. The drama was a bit *bleah*, but the special effects were exciting and VERY well done, they far exceeded my expectations.

I'm still amused by how the CGI guys fricked up Hulk's height...they made him 10-11 feet tall because they thought that's how big he was depicted in the comics. I seem to recall reading that one of the CGI designers at a convention got a real deer-in-the-headlights look on his face when someone asked why they made him so big and he responded that's how the comics depicted him, and then got corrected by the crowd. blush.gif

I wonder where they got the 10-11 feet tall thing... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

230px-Hulk1.jpg

Unless Banner is 4 feet tall on this cover the slouching crouching Hulk would be about 10 feet tall standing up straight. 27_laughing.gif

C

but that cover is artistic license. If they showed Banners head in the sky behind the Hulk, would the filmmakers deduced that Banner is 200 ft tall?

In their defense, I remember lots of artists, especially lately, that draw Hulk at least 10-11 feet tall at times.

I always thought they listed the Hulk as 7 feet and weighing 1,000 pounds.

Marvel web site listed him as around 7' back when the Hulk movie came out, I remember seeing the trailer and that he was twice as tall as Jennifer Connelly, wondering why he looked so big, so I checked a few comics then the web site to see if I was just remembering wrong. Web site today says "5' 9½" (Banner); 6'6" (gray Hulk); 7' – 8' (green/savage Hulk); 7'6" (green/Professor Hulk)"