• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WANTED: CGC 9.0 OR BETTER FANTASTIC FOUR #1 AND SPIDERMAN #3

33 posts in this topic

I am looking to purchase any Fantastic Four #1 or Spiderman #3 in 9.0 or better. If you got 'em, call me at 212-260-4147 or 800-229-6387

Many Thanks

Metropolis must have some high roller or celeb looking for these books,think they are just trying to fill some Joe Blow's wantlist? I highly doubt it. Metropolis if your reading this...Call JP the Mint,He has a 9.4 ASM 3 for 25K...pay it..you got it!

And I'm just pointing out that wanting to match their offer and having the available funds to do so on a daily basis are two completely different planes of reality.

If you see that observation as picking a fight, you're even more fragile and sensitive than I dreamed possible. And 'Willikers, thank you so much, sir, for "letting me off the hook" for all my indescretions of just telling it like it is. The truth, for some, is at times, very ugly and distasteful to face.

You know what they say, "just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down", but I don't believe in sugar coating the way things are to make them more palatible for the overly sqeamish.

Metro has an incredible array of inventory with amazing depth. Three of this, Four of that, a dozen of those, etc....Gold AND Silver age, and most of what is showing in their inventory catalog is probably "cast-offs" from purchased deals where the cream of the crop has been already dealt or held back for the future. How about a Showcase 4 in CGC 9.4!!!!! For my money, the most valuable Silver age comic in existance!!

You don't get inventory like that by accident. You PAY for it, and you do it consistantly and with greater facility than 99.9% of the rest of the hobby on a daily basis, year after year. Like it or not, there's not a Forumite onboard who can come close to matching their "collection"/ inventory, and there's a reason for it, beyond dumb luck.

Like it or not, there's not a Forumite onboard who can come close to matching their "collection"/ inventory, and there's a reason for it,

I think we've discussed before that, when it comes down to it, Nobody can come close to matching Metropolis's inventory.

Chris

Ill pay Metro's BUY price for ANY book, ...wouldnt all of you??

No.

And I doubt that you would either.

Steve and Vinnie will pay very high prices to get examples of books that they currently don't have in inventory.

I have sold several books to them over the years, as have other dealers.

And in each case, they pretty much paid me my asking price on the issues in question.

Also I notice that they win several auctions on eBay every month.

How come you aren't outbidding them on all of these auctions?

The fact is, no one person/dealer pays the most every time (not even God's helper here on earth Chuck), but if there is a dealer who has consistently paid top prices over the years, it is Metropolis.

Wow, I am so disappointed that nobody would think that I could pay the same prices for keys as Metropolis. Guess those big ad budgets really do work.

I agree with some of the feedback, money talks, b******t walks.

Wow, I am so disappointed that nobody would think that I could pay the same prices for keys as Metropolis. Guess those big ad budgets really do work.

I agree with some of the feedback, money talks, b******t walks.

it's all about exposure Bob...Advertise and they will come

The fact is, no one person/dealer pays the most every time (not even God's helper here on earth Chuck), but if there is a dealer who has consistently paid top prices over the years, it is Metropolis.

It helps if you throw in a stick of butter to sweeten the deal.........

Muhahahahahahaha!

589.jpg

I can only speak for myself on this matter. I will not pay the highest price for a FF 1 or ASM 3. It is not a matter of affordability but desire. I have no interest to be a BSD (Liars Poker -1980's). It's not what I do. If however a Flash/Wonder Woman/Batman 1(for example) appeared in a moderate to high grade (CGC) then it is just as likely I will outpay Metro. For some, money is not the issue but buying at a very competitive price is. They will clearly outbid me for the "gem" and I have no illusions or desire to play in their arena. I approached Metro on a Wonder Woman 1 that was for sale and was the high bid on E-Bay. I asked them how much they wanted for the book and it was too high for the value I placed on the book. If a customer was selling the book to Metro it was just as likely I would have toppped their bid and the cash was equally as good..

thats what I was saying.....Its still about the book and the price, but in general, Metro and other dealers dont pay the same sticker prices we have to when buying from dealers. period. I'd much rather buy as a dealer, far below retail. But of course the trick is finding the collections..or rather, having them find you.