• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature series prices?

16 posts in this topic

I understand that the comic slected (grade, and issue) effects the price but what would a a signature roughly cost for these guys? These are some of the guys I would like to add to my collection.

Bernie Wrightson

Todd McFarlene

Barry Windsor Smith (may not have a SS)

Marv Wolfman

John Romita sr

Frank Miller

Alan Moore

Neil Gaimen

Russ Heath

Neal Adams

John Byrne

Stan Lee

Gil Kane

JoeKubert

Please feel free to add any other key guys/gals

Also none CGC auto's

Jack Kirby

Dan Ditko

Frank Frazetta

Here is my take...

Bernie Wrightson Can be done

Todd McFarlene Can be done

Barry Windsor Smith (may not have a SS) have to be a raw sig from the past

Marv Wolfman Can be done

John Romita sr Can be done

Frank Miller Can be done, hasnt been to a con since he hurt his hip last year

Alan Moore only raw at this point, and pretty tough to get at that

Neil Gaimen There are a few out there acclaim.gif

Russ Heath Can be done

Neal Adams Can be done

John Byrne There are SS books out there, but has not attended a con in years (he will emerge again someday... grin.gif)

Stan Lee Can be done and there should be a ton on ebay soon

Gil Kane RIP possible raw book out there, might even be a SS book 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

JoeKubert WWPhilly this weekend 893applaud-thumb.gif

Dave Cockrum

Will Eisner

Also none CGC auto's

Jack Kirby Can be had in raw form

STEVE Ditko rare is an understatement...might some OA with his signature?

Frank Frazetta Can be had in HCs and OA

I understand that the comic slected (grade, and issue) effects the price but what would a a signature roughly cost for these guys? These are some of the guys I would like to add to my collection.

Bernie Wrightson

Todd McFarlene

Barry Windsor Smith (may not have a SS)

Marv Wolfman

John Romita sr

Frank Miller

Alan Moore

Neil Gaimen

Russ Heath

Neal Adams

John Byrne

Stan Lee

Gil Kane

JoeKubert

Also none CGC auto's

Jack Kirby

Dan Ditko

Frank Frazetta

Your question is not clear... are you asking how much it costs to get their autograph (kind of tough if they are dead)? How much it costs to buy an SS or raw book with their autograph?

SS prices are set - $27 for moderns, $34 for economy, $54 for standard, $84 for express, add $5 for each additional signature unless the creators are sitting together.

But buying raw sigs? Could be anywhere from a couple of dollars to a lot of dollars, depending on the book and the condition, and who signed it.

Buying SS slabs on eBay? Whatever a buyer is willing to pay the seller.

K

KC,

All these graemlin replies are starting to look snarky. Many of these guys are at the top of my list as well. To give you the little bit of info that I have gotten from talking to and dealing with a bunch of the Authorized Witnesses, here is what I have been told:

Wrightson and Adams are pretty easy and do not charge separately.

Kubert and Romita show up occassionally (and are in the circuit this summer).

Moore has been impossible.

Gaiman is tough.

Byrne and Ditko have said they will never do cons again.

Russ Heath does do cons (I got two done, I think, in San Jose cloud9.gif)

You have to check the events well for additions and deletions ie Joe Simon sorry.gif

Take care,

--Sean.

Thanks for all the info. I knew a few of the guys have died but I thought I saw a few SS out there (Gil Kane...guess I was wrong). I was just wondering on what it may cost me to obtain these CGC ss slabs on the secondary market.

I will start watching the post for up coming events and try to get in on them. I am really new to the SS part of collecting, I only have 1 so far. I had a Byrne and Stan Lee lined up with the beyonder but it feel through on my end...I still feel bad about it. Anyhow I hope to add some cool covers and signatures to my collection soon.

Thanks for all the info. I knew a few of the guys have died but I thought I saw a few SS out there (Gil Kane...guess I was wrong). I was just wondering on what it may cost me to obtain these CGC ss slabs on the secondary market.

I will start watching the post for up coming events and try to get in on them. I am really new to the SS part of collecting, I only have 1 so far. I had a Byrne and Stan Lee lined up with the beyonder but it feel through on my end...I still feel bad about it. Anyhow I hope to add some cool covers and signatures to my collection soon.

You could have 4 if you answer your PM's makepoint.gif