• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHAT IS IT ABOUT ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN....

16 posts in this topic

It's a great spin of a classic story. You already "know" most of the characters, but you aren't bogged down by 40 yrs. of continuity. It's updated, and more realistic (if you can say that about a comic book).

I really like how the Ultimate Universe is very tight knit, and the characters know one anothers identities.

Plus, it's just a fun read.

Chris

So where do I find that issue, Bendis never mentioned anything about that.

That'd be the ULTIMATE Ultimate retailer incentive variant. DF made on with a nude Aunt May cover. Turns out she and Anna Watson were a bit more than just next door neighbors... grin.gif

Turns out she and Anna Watson were a bit more than just next door neighbors..

Holy cow! And before he died, Uncle Ben sported a ponytail. Remnants, perhaps, of his dope-smokin', free love, hippy days! It's all coming together now....

Chris

I have some potential Darthlings running around there, products of my drunken youth...

Pre-marital sex? Underage drinking? And here I thought you were a pillar of the Catholic Community! Ya think ya know someone, and then...... wink.gif

Chris

Underage drinking? And here I thought you were a pillar of the Catholic Community! Ya think ya know someone, and then......

Ah... takes me back to Catholic School days... getting drunk with the Brother who coached the highschool cross-country team and swapping lies about which nuns he'd like to tag if they'd never taken a vocation... tongue.gif

Nothing can explain the high prices folks are paying for USM issues. There are thousands out there in super high grade, but some people don't mind spending big bucks. I would rather have a double digit NM ASM than a single digit UAM for the same money. Just my opinion...

Mike