• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bendis Talks About Avengers #31

52 posts in this topic

I need to stop reading moderns.

Do it now, you'll feel a lot better.

All current Marvel writers are doing is a) regurgitating old BA stories, or b) turning old What If stories into "events", so why even bother?

It's not only supa lame, it's tired.

worst, it's a clear lack of talent... 893censored-thumb.giftonofbricks.gif

on another side, it seems the skrulls might do exist, it will explain the strange behaviour of some of the names in front of the house of ideas for the past few years... insane.gif

just consider these last few years an ongoing what if period and you'll be fine. grin.gif

regards

This latest "readers are complaining of inconsistent characterization, so let's make them all Skrulls" storyline has the chance of outdoing the horrible "Iron Fist has always been a vegetable clone" retcon from the early-90's

I haven't read any of the recent Marvel X-over books (Civil War, New Avengers, Planet Hulk, etc...), so maybe this has been explained or doesn't ome into play at all, but here's a question...

If these guys are skrulls, wouldn't some of the marvel telepaths (especially the ultra-powerful ones like Prof. X) see right thru this? Wouldn't Wolverine be able to "sniff" them out? Wouldn't Spidey's spider-sense go berserk?

Or do skrulls have powers that make this impossible once they take a characters form? confused-smiley-013.gif

IIf these guys are skrulls, wouldn't some of the marvel telepaths (especially the ultra-powerful ones like Prof. X) see right thru this? Wouldn't Wolverine be able to "sniff" them out? Wouldn't Spidey's spider-sense go berserk?

Of course, but that assumes they're not all Skrulls. 893whatthe.gif

This storyline sucks so hard, it's probably sponsored by Hoover. foreheadslap.gif

I haven't read any of the recent Marvel X-over books (Civil War, New Avengers, Planet Hulk, etc...), so maybe this has been explained or doesn't ome into play at all, but here's a question...

If these guys are skrulls, wouldn't some of the marvel telepaths (especially the ultra-powerful ones like Prof. X) see right thru this? Wouldn't Wolverine be able to "sniff" them out? Wouldn't Spidey's spider-sense go berserk?

Or do skrulls have powers that make this impossible once they take a characters form? confused-smiley-013.gif

Bendis mentioned this in his interview. In the past characters could discover Skrulls pretty easily. So it seems Bendis is his own Deus Ex Machina and grants a new power to them they have never had in comics before just to tie up his little "comic event" with a nice bow.

Wolverine can't smell them until they are dead, so you gotta kill the guy/gal to truly know if they are a skrull. Dr. Strange can't find them, or maybe he can but HE"S A SKRULL>>!>!>!>!>.

In Avengers #31 wolverine has a moment a few pages before the end where he he goes "Sniff...what the hell?!" right after Elektra is stabbed to death.....

So all those powers that have worked in the past don't work anymore because then the story would be over now, and even though that is how the fans want it, it would mess up Bendis idea.

Chris

This is probably due to the fact the skrulls captured professor x and the rest of the illuminati. The skrulls experimented on them looking for the source and extent of their powers. Wolverine not smelling them was touched on in comic although not explained. You guys could wait until half the storyline is done before calling it *spoon*. Just my opinion I actually don't care for Bendis just want to see where he is going with this

My question is how they are replicating the powers of the heroes. In FF 250 when the skrulls were in the guise of the X-men, they used technology to mimic the powers. Is this still true?

How did Super Skrull get the FF abilities? Frankly, if they got either one of the Infinity Gems or the Cosmic Cube (Illuminati), it's an easy solution. On the other hand, they wouldn't need to secretly adjust themselves if they had one of those items.

Pat

I dunno ..thats why those bastards at marvel steal my money every comic day(when new comics come in its an official holiday). Marvel is good at teasing and then not putting out.

Marvel is good at teasing and then not putting out.

Maybe Quesada is a lady (based on your comment). SNAP

Pat

Lady is not quite the word I was thinking of. frustrated.gif Its like he allows them(writers) to come up with great ideas but then says dont go too far or leave an opening for future stories. I dont mind looking ahead but dont sacrafice the story at hand.