• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bendis Talks About Avengers #31

52 posts in this topic

NRAMA: That said then, the first question that will be asked or theory raised is that two key heroes have been Skrulls for months…Tony Stark and Steve Rogers. It’s an easy way out, and showing them to be Skrull agents gets things back to where they were prior to Civil War.

BB: No – there are no easy ways out. What fun would that be? This story isn’t a matter of putting things back – it’s a matter of “people” who’ve been putting things into a form they want versus the form that we, as humans may want.

And if you think that this is beginning of your typical Skrull story, I promise you it is not. It is an extremely well thought out storyline that uses the Skrull mythology and stories that have come before in a way that is true to what they are, but in a way that you haven’t seen before.

So basically, Tony Stark and Steve Rogers are Skrulls. 27_laughing.gif

What a super-hack.

NRAMA: That said then, the first question that will be asked or theory raised is that two key heroes have been Skrulls for months…Tony Stark and Steve Rogers. It’s an easy way out, and showing them to be Skrull agents gets things back to where they were prior to Civil War.

BB: No – there are no easy ways out. What fun would that be? This story isn’t a matter of putting things back – it’s a matter of “people” who’ve been putting things into a form they want versus the form that we, as humans may want.

And if you think that this is beginning of your typical Skrull story, I promise you it is not. It is an extremely well thought out storyline that uses the Skrull mythology and stories that have come before in a way that is true to what they are, but in a way that you haven’t seen before.

So basically, Tony Stark and Steve Rogers are Skrulls. 27_laughing.gif

What a super-hack.

Well doesnt he say no...

The most obvious, in my opinion, is Reed Richards.

I don't think Stark will be revealed as one. It's WAY too obvious. Especially if they go for the Stark as President bit (which I really hope they do not).

Got to wonder about Nick Fury too. He's been somewhere, but no one knows where. Leading a rebellion of Skulls in the background while using his super hero resources to get what he needs done?

Overall, still a lame idea.

Pat

Did I read that right that Bendis is suggesting some of the Avengers might have been replaced by Skrulls as long ago as the end of the original Kree-Skrull war in Avengers #97?

Didn't they kinda go down that road once before with the Spidey clone saga?

"BB: Just look at what’s been going on around the characters – anyone that’s had suspicious deaths and resurrections; anyone who had a change of philosophy…any of those kinds of things are suspect. I’m not saying or guaranteeing that everyone who went through something like that is definitely a Skrull, though…"

So Spidey had a "suspicious death and resurrection" so is he a Skrull?? I need to stop reading moderns.

I heard that they are going to reveal that one member of the Runaways and Young Avengers is a Skrull. Apparently, the Skrull from the Runaways is going to be the king/prince or something. Remember, you heard it from Followtheleader first.

Pat

Well doesnt he say no...

Nope, Read it again - he's answering "no" to the "easy answers statement, as you can plainly see from the "No – there are no easy ways out." reply, then Bendis goes into spin-doctor mode to make it seem that his "lame Skrull imposter story" is somehow better than the rest.

So guaranteed, at least some of the Avengers are Skrulls, or he would have come right out and stated so.

I need to stop reading moderns.

Do it now, you'll feel a lot better.

All current Marvel writers are doing is a) regurgitating old BA stories, or b) turning old What If stories into "events", so why even bother?

It's not only supa lame, it's tired.