• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Way to Sell a Complete Run?

5 posts in this topic

What's the best way to sell a complete run? Let's say its mid-grade to high grade...

("best way" means the way to get the most $$$$ for it!)

1. List it on Ebay as one item?

2. List all books separately at one time?

I've noticed that if a complete run of books is up, it seems to create a frenzy. Books that would never get a bid listed by themselves tend to get bid up.

If it's anywhere near a collectible run, then split it up by keys, and then in 10-issues lots IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER.

This will get just about everyone involved in the auction, and by keeping the listing organized, it will encourage multiple wins and higher bids.

Worst scenario: "Super-Guy Lot 1 - Issues 76, 82, 95, 112, 134, 156 and 198" - then repeat mix-up strategy for a near-complete run from 50 to 200... (Grrrr...)

I think a run will get a premium if it is lower grade. (Fair to Fine) (1.0 to 6.0 for the "Dumber" newbies) boo.gif

For overall grades higher than this, I think you're better off breaking the run up.

That is unless it's a less popular title.

What run are you thinking of selling? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Beyonder's right. Before any advise should be given, we really should know which run. I mean there are runs out there I would sell as a lot. Others no. Help us out here. grin.gif