• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Came Back for This?

324 posts in this topic

You seem to want to just carry this on and on instead of moving forward and just ignoring each other.

Old skool board mentallity... cloud9.gif

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

Stop hassling Greggy, he's nearly my nieghbor and I sure miss his 666 PMs. frown.gif

Pizz off makepoint.gif

You seem to want to just carry this on and on instead of moving forward and just ignoring each other.

Stop hassling Greggy, he's nearly my nieghbor and I sure miss his 666 PMs. frown.gif

Pizz off makepoint.gif

Ouch...... sorry.gif

Pizz off makepoint.gif

Ouch...... sorry.gif

Cranky. Needs a nap. tonofbricks.gif

Pizz off makepoint.gif

Ouch...... sorry.gif

Cranky. Needs a nap. tonofbricks.gif

Geggy hates me and wishes I would go away and all I ever did was try to be nice to him. confused-smiley-013.gif

If it is sad, then why do you ridicule him for it? confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey, I don't say a word about his drunken tirades, UNTIL I become a target. Then it's fair game.

Kinda like an old drunk in a bar, I leave him alone, but if he takes a poke at me, then heaven help him.

that message was sent before noon as i perused the boards with my morning coffee in hand. nothing in the message is alcohol fueled - just my clear-headed view of JC on the boards. JC sees me as a drunken old loser, whenever i deviate from my typicaly level-headed discourses dealing with comics............ confused.gif

he's probably somewhere between the ages of 15 and 40 (no one knows for sure, as no one seems to have ever laid eyes on him.), probably really does still live in Mommies basement, doesn't go to cons, doesn't often show his collection, frequently plays chicken-little with the coming of the Great Comic Crash (which he has been erroneously predicting for 3-4 years now), seems to be distraught over the fact that while he's been predicting doom and gloom for years, comic prices have continued to escalate leaving him in the dust, makes a Drama Queen exit about once a year only to return as ornery as ever and is a Welsher Supreme (see the threads quoted in this thread). I'm sure that i've left some salient facts out, but the image should be pretty clear.

the quotes from my last message were just that - Quotes from one of JC's 20,000 plus posts on this board (in numerous board names) that he seems to hate so much.

now if 20,000 plus posts on a board which he has always deemed filled with a bunch of pencil-necked geek losers isn't proof of his being a total hazzhole, i don't know what is........... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh, and happy Independence Day to all you Americans........ thumbsup2.gif

This is one of the best posts I've ever read on these boards! hail.gif

For those who don't know him, Harry is one of the real class acts on these boards. Anyone who's had a chance to meet him in person or even converse with him by PM or email can confirm that.

I just love to laugh and any member that can add to my fun, I can't help buy cheer him on a little. I hope you guys understand my viewpoint of an outsider looking in. confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually, I don't understand your viewpoint and I have to frankly admit I've lost some respect for you as a result of this statement. It's one thing to love to laugh and enjoy board members who bring a good sense of humor to things. But JC is just mean-spirited and the things he says, which you apparently find "funny", are always at the expense of someone else and said in the course of insulting that person. When you "cheer him on", you're basically applauding him for abusing somebody.

I might expect this of the non-contributing knuckleheads who hang out on these boards and just want to be entertained, but for someone who joined the boards with endorsements from quite a few members that I respect, this is very disappointing.

out. When I start grad school in a month and have to leave the boards

Yes, it's well known that MBA students must enter a monastic life in which they are no longer permitted to have internet access. yeahok.gif

Yes, it's well known that MBA students must enter a monastic life in which they are no longer permitted to have internet access. yeahok.gif

sign-funnypost.gif Im sure he will be busy with those freshmen hail.gif

I won't be able to buy and sell (no money) so the boards will lose a lot of their lustre. Plus I spend too much time on here.

I should have said want to leave the boards, not "have", but we all know you don't need much excuse to pick my posts apart like a freakin supreme court case. poke2.gif

Basically I will have better things to do...unlike now.

I won't be able to buy and sell (no money) so the boards will lose a lot of their lustre. Plus I spend too much time on here.

You should be buying and selling more while you're at school to raise some spending money. Hell, get your profs to force all of your classmates to work for you as one of your B-school "projects".

I should have said want to leave the boards, not "have", but we all know you don't need much excuse to pick my posts apart like a freakin supreme court case. poke2.gif

You should be so honored! sumo.gif

Basically I will have better things to do...unlike now.

I think you'll find B-school to be a bit of a vacation compared to law school.

You'll be back, even if only for a fast visit, you'll be back. Once they suck you into the realm you can never really leave. poke2.gif

I know this, but I remain hopeful that I can limit it to winter and summer breaks. Like a parasite, these stupid boards have burrowed their way too deep to be completely removed.

I just love to laugh and any member that can add to my fun, I can't help buy cheer him on a little. I hope you guys understand my viewpoint of an outsider looking in. confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually, I don't understand your viewpoint and I have to frankly admit I've lost some respect for you as a result of this statement. It's one thing to love to laugh and enjoy board members who bring a good sense of humor to things. But JC is just mean-spirited and the things he says, which you apparently find "funny", are always at the expense of someone else and said in the course of insulting that person. When you "cheer him on", you're basically applauding him for abusing somebody.

I might expect this of the non-contributing knuckleheads who hang out on these boards and just want to be entertained, but for someone who joined the boards with endorsements from quite a few members that I respect, this is very disappointing.

I'm very sorry you feel this way or see it this way.

Did you see my post to him asking him to tone down his humor to just that, humor and not attacks directed at other people. I read many members comments that make me laugh and they sure aren't usaully attacks directed at other members other than some fun ribbing and I'm guilty of some of that sillyness myself.

I truly wish I never commented on any of this and wish I could take it back because I really don't know JC too well and the history of his comments here. Reading my above comment I see how it looks to all of you and now I look like a total *spoon* for condoning this behavior.

I hope you will accept my apology and in the future I better leave the past to members that actually know what went on.

sorry.gif

You should be buying and selling more while you're at school to raise some spending money.

There is a recipie for a 1.8 GPA if I ever saw one. 27_laughing.gif You don't know how much time and effort goes into buying and selling....probably because Heritage and a certain boardmember did a lot of it for you. poke2.gif

A dubious honor indeed.

Yeah, I kinda figure that, but I also want to do better than I did in law school.

I'm very sorry you feel this way or see it this way.

Did you see my post to him asking him to tone down his humor to just that, humor and not attacks directed at other people. I read many members comments that make me laugh and they sure aren't usaully attacks directed at other members other than some fun ribbing and I'm guilty of some of that sillyness myself.

I truly wish I never commented on any of this and wish I could take it back because I really don't know JC too well and the history of his comments here. Reading my above comment I see how it looks to all you and now I look like a total *spoon* for condoning this behavior.

I hope you will accept my apology and in the future I better leave the past to members that actually know what went on.

sorry.gif

Ignore Tim. He is an ill-tempered old goat.

You should be buying and selling more while you're at school to raise some spending money.

There is a recipie for a 1.8 GPA if I ever saw one. 27_laughing.gif You don't know how much time and effort goes into buying and selling....probably because Heritage and a certain boardmember did a lot of it for you. poke2.gif

A dubious honor indeed.

Yeah, I kinda figure that, but I also want to do better than I did in law school.

Maybe then we won't have to pick apart your posts? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I keed! I keed! flowerred.gif