• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Came Back for This?

324 posts in this topic

I always find it highly amusing that I'm asked to "tone down the personal attacks" while drunken old fogies like burned-out-boy can continue to lay on the stupid "basement dwelling loser" personal attacks with no problem at all.

These forums really do make me want to hit a Con, and just say 893censored-thumb.gif it, and start crushing heads like watermelon.

Hey there JC. I'm relatively new to the forums but I love to meet people who seem interesting and interested in the same things as me. You obviously love comics so that's 1 thing we have in common. Also, i've spent the better part of my 30 years on this fine planet getting thrown out of hockey games for punching people in the face (I guess that could be likened to crushing watermelons confused-smiley-013.gif. So that's 2 things we have in common. I think we could be best friends. I hold a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and have studied Tang Soo Do and Kempo. I think maybe we could get together and in between bouts of smashing watermelons discuss some deep and provocative issues regarding funny books. So how about it, do you want to meet and try to crush my head like a watermelon? Sound like a real swinging time to me!

PM me 'kay! thumbsup2.gif

If your so good at Tae Kwon Do, Tang Soo Do and Kempo How were they able to throw you out at a hockey game. tongue.gif

Hocket referee's are like the mafia. They have all kinds of power and are everywhere.

I always find it highly amusing that I'm asked to "tone down the personal attacks" while drunken old fogies like burned-out-boy can continue to lay on the stupid "basement dwelling loser" personal attacks with no problem at all.

These forums really do make me want to hit a Con, and just say 893censored-thumb.gif it, and start crushing heads like watermelon.

Hey there JC. I'm relatively new to the forums but I love to meet people who seem interesting and interested in the same things as me. You obviously love comics so that's 1 thing we have in common. Also, i've spent the better part of my 30 years on this fine planet getting thrown out of hockey games for punching people in the face (I guess that could be likened to crushing watermelons confused-smiley-013.gif. So that's 2 things we have in common. I think we could be best friends. I hold a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and have studied Tang Soo Do and Kempo. I think maybe we could get together and in between bouts of smashing watermelons discuss some deep and provocative issues regarding funny books. So how about it, do you want to meet and try to crush my head like a watermelon? Sound like a real swinging time to me!

If your so good at Tae Kwon Do, Tang Soo Do and Kempo How were they able to throw you out at a hockey game. tongue.gif

Hocket referee's are like the mafia. They have all kinds of power and are everywhere.

Just Slapshot the ref by "accident" they'll leave you alone. devil.gif

What level black belt are you? My son is a second degree, fourth level black belt and my daughter is a high red belt in tae kwon do.

1st dan. I stopped training specifically in Tae Kwon Do when I left for College in '96. That's great that your kids are in it. Training was better for me in the long run and I learned far more about myself in martial arts than I ever did playing sports. Fun little factoid, my mother is Korean (born in Seoul), which is how I started in Tae Kwon do to begin with. My oldest daughter is 5 and i'm considering starting her but I don't know. What age did you start your kids?

PS: is your ebay sig flyingdonut as well? If it is I bought some SA books off you last month! laugh.gif

And they're corruptible. I once had a ref come up to me and tell me I could take a "shot" at this guy and he'd look the other way confused-smiley-013.gif...............which of course he did grin.gif

What level black belt are you? My son is a second degree, fourth level black belt and my daughter is a high red belt in tae kwon do.

1st dan. I stopped training specifically in Tae Kwon Do when I left for College in '96. That's great that your kids are in it. Training was better for me in the long run and I learned far more about myself in martial arts than I ever did playing sports. Fun little factoid, my mother is Korean (born in Seoul), which is how I started in Tae Kwon do to begin with. My oldest daughter is 5 and i'm considering starting her but I don't know. What age did you start your kids?

PS: is your ebay sig flyingdonut as well? If it is I bought some SA books off you last month! laugh.gif

My son started when he was 6, my daughter at 5. My son is REALLY into it, my daughter just goes for something to do.

and yep - I'm flying-donut on eBay as well.

My son started when he was 6, my daughter at 5. My son is REALLY into it, my daughter just goes for something to do.

I don't know that my 5 year old is ready. She has discipline problems that scream for me to stick her in there but i'm having reservations. All I keep picturing is them trying to teach her something useful and her kicking the instructor in the knee.

I don't know that my 5 year old is ready. She has discipline problems that scream for me to stick her in there but i'm having reservations. All I keep picturing is them trying to teach her something useful and her kicking the instructor in the knee.

Discipline issues, eh? There is someone who can help.....

dogwhisperer.jpg

i'm struggling with something. were you playing when you got thrown out for punching people, or in the stands? i assumed from the tenor of your original post that it was the latter, but later posts indicate the former...

i'm struggling with something. were you playing when you got thrown out for punching people, or in the stands? i assumed from the tenor of your original post that it was the latter, but later posts indicate the former...

I was playing. I started playing hockey when I was 5-6 or so. I turned 30 this year and have finally stopped. Well, actually I got suspended and my team and another team were barred from playing for the foreseeable future for a little misunderstanding we had on the ice. Anyway, thank god for beer league softball!!! YIPEE!

PS: Before this gets way out of hand and somebody reads all this and gets the wrong impression: I do not condone random violence. My original post to the OP was a joke and was not to be taken as a serious invitation to meet at the bike rack at noon. As for the hockey stuff, well hockey is an entirely different animal and often misunderstood by folks not familiar with the game and its history.

The only caveat is if you become a patent lawyer. Those guys have the best jobs in the world and truly love their jobs.

----------------------------------------------

Except all the guys and gals working in patent mills who are about to blow their brains out and stressing that their jobs will be outsourced to India.

I take it back, I assume you want to go to law school in Canada and be a Canuck, Esq? Probably not such a bad gig. The Canadian lawyers at big firms like to whine about how much less they make than U.S. lawyers at big firms, but I think those are two different worlds. I've worked with some young (they make partners young there) and entirely clueless partners at major canadian firms who seem to be making a nice living. Seems like the standards are pretty low. Maybe there's a lot of opportunity up there!

The fact that convicted felons have posted here (and I don't mean tax cheats or drunk drivers) really creeps me out. When I start grad school in a month and have to leave the boards, there will be some things I miss and some things I will be glad to leave behind.

--------------------------------------------------------

Good lord, at my job I get 10 threatening letters a day from convicted felons, primarily murderers and sex offenders. I usually ask an intern to open them for me. Never know what kind of surprises they send.

Take it from me, the grass is NOT greener on the law school side.

I knew this was coming. tongue.gif

Honestly, it wasn't something I decided overnight. I did my "due diligence" and most Lawyers and Law students I've spoken to have told me in great detail all the reasons why they regret going to Law school and wouldn't do it again if they could go back in time. I'm just stubborn, I guess.

Fair enough! thumbsup2.gif

I just want you to promise that when you realize in several years' time that you were completely wrong and I was completely right, you will let me know. poke2.gif

The only caveat is if you become a patent lawyer. Those guys have the best jobs in the world and truly love their jobs.

Looks like lawyering is a great career everywhere. Or not, as the case may be.

web page

Honestly, it wasn't something I decided overnight. I did my "due diligence" and most Lawyers and Law students I've spoken to have told me in great detail all the reasons why they regret going to Law school and wouldn't do it again if they could go back in time. I'm just stubborn, I guess.

I just want you to promise that when you realize in several years' time that you were completely wrong and I was completely right, you will let me know. poke2.gif

web page

it's funny the way the human mind works. when people have an abundance of free time and a deficit of money, many are willing to sacrifice the former to get the latter. when people have an abundance of money, and a deficit of free time, many are willing to sacrifice the former to get the latter.

the grass is always greener when you have the green already. or something. i think i might have confused myself

web page

it's funny the way the human mind works. when people have an abundance of free time and a deficit of money, many are willing to sacrifice the former to get the latter. when people have an abundance of money, and a deficit of free time, many are willing to sacrifice the former to get the latter.

the grass is always greener when you have the green already. or something. i think i might have confused myself

When you have lots of green, the grass is always good? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Good lord, at my job I get 10 threatening letters a day from convicted felons, primarily murderers and sex offenders.

I'm only responsible for two of those.

We own a steel plant and roughly 70% of our guys are felons. Hard to find good help these days. Let's see, i've got sex offenders, murders, gang-bangers.....honestly, when you get to know them they're pretty good people. If you can get by the whole they killed somebody thing.

web page

Whiners.

Being self-employed also takes over your life and the stress that comes with the "hustle" is also tremendous. I already work hours that are comparable to big firm Lawyers and I don't have nearly as much security. Not to mention that my business has me surrounded by a bunch of uneducated, knuckle-dragging, wife abusing, alcoholic elevator mechanics who don't know how to do much more than change a fuse, yet they still get paid nearly 80K a year for their "efforts".