• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone have any Ebay dealings with comic*seller?

15 posts in this topic

I took the plunge on a couple of Marvel #1's several weeks back and was completely underwhelmed. Both were advertised as NM with tiny scans. One was F/VF the other 8.0 or 8.5. It would have been a great deal if either one of them were 9.2-9.4 (One was a Journey into Mystery v.2 the other was a Shanna or a Cat). Instead it was pretty sucky and I put them on my "Don't get sucked into the possiblility of believing it might really be NM again" list.

--Sean.

The book he currently has listed that I am interested in is a CGC graded copy though...

What I am wondering is if anyone has dealings with the seller and got the book?

So far I am leaning towards avoiding this seller based and the mere possibility of shenanigans...

Artboy99

The book he currently has listed that I am interested in is a CGC graded copy though...

So far I am leaning towards avoiding this seller based and the mere possibility of shenanigans...

Artboy99

He doesn't accept Paypal, so once he/she cashes your payment, what can you do if they doesn't follow through with what was listed in the auction?

Artboy99

He doesn't accept Paypal, so once he/she cashes your payment, what can you do if they doesn't follow through with what was listed in the auction?

I was going to use escrow service. If he refuses to then I wont buy it.

Eh..I am just about done with Ebay and buying anything worth more than 20 bucks...

Artboy99

Looking at his feedback, he's sold some expensive items to what appear to be legitimate buyers, but in those auctions, Paypal was an accepted form of payment. For whatever reason, he's no longer accepting Paypal for the items listed right now.

Also, I get very suspicious when a seller lists a big ticket item, but for one auction, has images captured by a digital camera and then lists other auctions with images taken with a scanner with both items are comic books.

Just too many red flags for me concerning this seller and my gut is telling me to stay away.

What's the book? popcorn.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

Is an Incredible Hulk #1 CGC 6.5

Artboy99

Off-white pages.Another beautifull comic that looks more 7.5 easy.No chipping,Strong spine and amazing color and gloss.This comic should be regraded.I would suggest sending this comic in and the AS#1 i have up for auction both are down graded and look amazing.

Is anyone's Key 6.5 EVER really a 6.5? EVER?!?!? I mean EVER EVER??????

Escrow is a good idea, but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts you get the big 'no frickin way'.

He says he is selling mostly on consignment, might explain the scans.

If I had the money I would consider buying that hulk 1 as well.

He probably cut out paypal because of all the big dollar sales he is doing. Paypal fees get high with big dollar books.

I think you have nothing to lose buying a graded comic from him. I wouldn't trust his grading though... keeps saying all his CGC books were undergraded 27_laughing.gif