• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YIKES! Thor Vikings#2 gets even more violent!

16 posts in this topic

That guy I talk to over there is Bugaboo. He's really really messed up in the head and I'm slowly straightening him out".

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

That fool actually thinks he gets out on you! That's rich! You kill him all the time!

Chris

That guy I talk to over there is Bugaboo. He's really really messed up in the head and I'm slowly straightening him out".

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

That fool actually thinks he gets out on you! That's rich! You kill him all the time!

Chris

Actually it's TJ that shames bugaboo and puts him in his place time and again 893naughty-thumb.gif ... I weep for bugaboo frown.gif

grin.gifinsane.giftongue.gif

It definately was violent as all hell. But, I really didn't think it was very good at all. I liked #1, but all this issue was was 22 pages of decapitations and killing. Nothing they couldn't have condensed into a few pages and had more story. The art was very nice. I expect more from Ennis though. I'm sure Issue #3 will be better. It's also nice to see Dr. Strange making yet another appearance in various titles (Vikings, 1602, FF).

Chris

i don't want to spoil the thing, but YIKES!!!! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Classic Ennis!!! Spoiler Warning...is this 1st app of MArvel Max Dr. Strange?

Ennis Rules!!! His Punisher series is what really got me back into reading comics instead of just collecting. From the first scene where he is fighting in the morgue and uses a fat guys corpse to stop bullets fired at him and shoots through the thin corpse the bad guy was hiding behind. Classic. I can only pray that the movie is given the same treatment Spider-man was given. If it does it will be a blockbuster. Oh, I read issue two of Thor MAX last night. All I can say is OUCH! It almost hurt to read it. 893applaud-thumb.gif

*BUMP*

Anybody read #3 yet? Read it last night and, as I expected, it was much better than #2. More characters intro'd, and Ennis writes the coolest Dr. Strange in a long time. Love his pompous attitude and sarcasm. Great stuff! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Chris

*BUMP*

Anybody read #3 yet? Read it last night and, as I expected, it was much better than #2. More characters intro'd, and Ennis writes the coolest Dr. Strange in a long time. Love his pompous attitude and sarcasm. Great stuff! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Chris

I liked it as well.

I like how the town witch doctor dude's entire familial legacy was pretty much a bunch of losers - I thought that was pretty funny. What did Strange say? Something like there were many descendants of him that went to war, and none survived longer than 5 minutes. And those 3 he picked were the cream of the crop. I like that crusader dude he has the edge needed to kick that demon viking guy's arse.

Overall, very enjoyable read - 9 out of 10. 893applaud-thumb.gif

*BUMP*

Chris

My only question is how did Thor heal so quickly (did I read too fast and Dr. Strange cast a healing spell or something)? Otherwise, his healing factor must be better than Wolverines. Liked Dr. Strange appearance.

My only question is how did Thor heal so quickly

No spell by Doc Strange. Thor healed so quickly because he's a God. My guess is that his "healing factor" is far greater than even Wolverine. Plus, the amount of punishment he can endure equals that of the Hulk. He's one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe (even if Ennis makes him a little dopey).

Chris

The best line from #3 after Thor realizes that Dr Strange had been watching the Vikings the whole time Thor was getting his butt handed to him, and asks why Strange didn't intervine. Strange says:

"Because I knew straightaway I didn't stand a chance against power like theirs. I'm Dr. Strange, not Dr. Suicidal."

27_laughing.gif