• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got the rest of my first submissions back from CGC

19 posts in this topic

The first ones I got back (in case anyone cares and didn't see them) are here and heres some of the others. Some turned out better than I had hoped, others...not so well. Here they are.

jim83fccgczm8.jpg

talestoastonish35fccgcsd8.jpg

xmen1fccgctb4.jpg

ironmansubmariner1fccgciu6.jpg

amazingspiderman121fccgky5.jpg

amazingspiderman122fccgio7.jpg

ironfist14fccgcfr1.jpg

The ones I thought were going to grade higher were the JIM and TTA (my grade 5.0 & 7.0), but I was very happy with the ASM 122, as I was figuring it was a 9.4 tops.

Cool! The ASM # 122 and Iron Fist # 14 are very nice indeed. I'm getting better at predicting what grades I will get when submitting comics, but the first two big stacks of comics I had graded were a totally mixed bag. The one thing they taught me was that I should avoid buying raw comics online, as the Silver Age Superman comics I bought as 9.4s came back between 8.0 to 9.2. The worst surprise was Superman # 222, a giant that I paid NM price for at a comic show--it only came back as 6.0 with no explanation, but then upon very close examination it appears the back cover had a tiny bit of water damage. Uggh.

Michael

For a 5.0, superb eye appeal on the X-Men 1. thumbsup2.gif My sense is the light stains (foxing maybe) kept this book from grading around 6.0.

BTW, if I recall correctly, I guessed your JIM 83 would grade around 4.0 - 4.5 even wity the colored in price circle. So much for the cavones that insisted that it would reduce it to 3.0 or lower. 27_laughing.gif

hi.gif

Sweet books! The IF 14 looks like a gift grade. I can pick out 5 stress lines on the spine.

Gift grades cloud9.gif

AKA the nik bump thumbsup2.gif

i see CGC is still attributing the cover of Iron Fist 14 to Dave Cockrum, rather than the guy who actually drew it...Al Milgrom.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sweet books! The IF 14 looks like a gift grade. I can pick out 5 stress lines on the spine.

takeit.gif

slabbed to sell? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

I was actually getting some of my better books slabbed in the event I get shot on the job, which I suppose could happen, so that my wife would have an easier time selling them. A little bit of life insurance money for her I guess. Out of curiosity, which one are you eyeballing?