• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

30 Cent Variant Spam from zencomics

30 posts in this topic

Just in case there are any interested parties that didn't get spammed.

To member: rob_react

From member: zencomics

--------------------

Hi;

We thought you may be interested in the following cgc graded 30 cent price variant comic books that are scheduled to launch on ebay this weekend with buy it now prices. These comics appear to be extremely rare in high grade. Send inquiries to zencomics@visi.com

captain america #197 cgc 9.6 ow/w pages kirby art. best 1 of 1 next highest graded is a 9.0 : buy it now price $325

captain america #198 cgc 9.6 white pages kirby art. best 1 of 1 next highest graded is a 8.5 : buy it now price $375

thor #249 cgc 9.6 ow/w pages buscema art. best 1 of 1 next highest graded is a 9.2 : buy it now price $275

warlock #12 cgc 9.6 white pages. Highest grade 1 of 3 : buy it now price $165

additional variant comic

justice league #3 cgc 9.6 white pages maguire art : buy it now price $85

thanks very much!

zen comics

P.S. BUY ALL 30 CENT PRICE VARIANT'S AND GET 10% OFF THE TOTAL.

$1026 893scratchchin-thumb.giftongue.gif

I have the Warlock 12 9.6...I've seen too many any regular Thor 249's in 9.6. I have 2 copies of the regular 25 cent Thor in CGC 9.6 (potential "spouses" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) but the Caps in 9.6 seem to be a good deal...not for $700 but nice books nonetheless. and I didn't get spamed...guess I'm not a variant playa frown.giftongue.gif

I have the Warlock 12 9.6...I've seen too many any regular Thor 249's in 9.6. I have 2 copies of the regular 25 cent Thor in CGC 9.6 (potential "spouses" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ) but the Caps in 9.6 seem to be a good deal...not for $700 but nice books nonetheless. and I didn't get spamed...guess I'm not a variant playa frown.giftongue.gif

893whatthe.gif I don't know how they could have missed you, Darth! They spammed me and I haven't bid on a tenth of the variants that you have. Strange. insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

As for their offerings, nice condition, but nothing I'm gonna pay STUPID money for..... makepoint.gif

893whatthe.gif I don't know how they could have missed you, Darth! They spammed me and I haven't bid on a tenth of the variants that you have. Strange. insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

As for their offerings, nice condition, but nothing I'm gonna pay STUPID money for..... makepoint.gif

I should poll "the regulars" to see who got it and who didn't. It'd be interesting to see who they contacted, because I know who I'd be getting in touch with in order to sell these books for those kind of prices and (assuming I wasn't me for a second) I wouldn't be one of them insane.gif

Quote:

--------------------

Hi;

We thought you may be interested in the following cgc graded 30 cent price variant comic books that are scheduled to launch on ebay this weekend with buy it now prices. These comics appear to be extremely rare in high grade. Send inquiries to zencomics@visi.com

captain america #197 cgc 9.6 ow/w pages kirby art. best 1 of 1 next highest graded is a 9.0 : buy it now price $325

captain america #198 cgc 9.6 white pages kirby art. best 1 of 1 next highest graded is a 8.5 : buy it now price $375

thor #249 cgc 9.6 ow/w pages buscema art. best 1 of 1 next highest graded is a 9.2 : buy it now price $275

additional variant comic

thanks very much!

zen comics

Interesting that the very nature of posting this email in a section of the forum which is not intended for advertising, in essence, makes your post SPAM! The last thing I'd ever find myself doing is telling a SPAM cop to keep it in the marketplace. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Quote:

--------------------

Hi;

additional variant comic

thanks very much!

zen comics

Interesting that the very nature of posting this email in a section of the forum which is not intended for advertising, in essence, makes your post SPAM! The last thing I'd ever find myself doing is telling a SPAM cop to keep it in the marketplace. 893naughty-thumb.gif

That's like a zen thing, can one discuss spam without the discussion turning into spam itself? Fascinating. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You quoted it. Perpetuating the spam shocked.gif

We're drowning!

That's like a zen thing, can one discuss spam without the discussion turning into spam itself? Fascinating.

You quoted it. Perpetuating the spam

We're drowning!

I wasn't going to argue about it, but hell, WTF not!

A classic your smells better than zens ...

If your going to make the post about the variants, just don't give zencomics the SPAM slant, and perpetuate it further by posting it in the wrong section. If zen bothers you that much, just ask, and I'll contact them about this SPAM posting. I'm sure they'll take exception to you spreading the word to others about them in such a positive light, remove you from their list, and relieve you of your duty -- SPAM cop! 27_laughing.gif

That's like a zen thing, can one discuss spam without the discussion turning into spam itself? Fascinating.

You quoted it. Perpetuating the spam

We're drowning!

I wasn't going to argue about it, but hell, WTF not!

A classic your smells better than zens ...

If your going to make the post about the variants, just don't give zencomics the SPAM slant, and perpetuate it further by posting it in the wrong section. If zen bothers you that much, just ask, and I'll contact them about this SPAM posting. I'm sure they'll take exception to you spreading the word to others about them in such a positive light, remove you from their list, and relieve you of your duty -- SPAM cop! 27_laughing.gif

The interesting thing about my post was the variants and the prices they were asking, as the discussion that followed showed- all the variant collectors got the point. My goal wasn't to complain about receiving unsolicited commercial email from them. If that had been my goal I would have posted in the general forum for greatest impact, complained and not posted the list of books which, in effect, rewarded them for sending me an email.

BUT, just because I'm not playing "spam cop" doesn't mean that what they sent me wasn't spam. It was. Since it was sent through ebay, check ebay's rules on the matter. If I remember correctly, this email was their first definition of spam. All I did was call a spade a spade.

As for having you contact them and "remove me from their list..." Good luck! I never signed up for any list. Beyond this email I don't believe I've had any contact with them whatsoever. They contacted me through ebay presumably because I was high bidder on a low grade 30 cent variant auction.

And that's just about all I'm going to say on this matter. This place is full of people who can't wait to get into long, drawn out arguments about whatever it is that they can pounce on. Find one of them to play with if that's what you're interested in.

And now...

Cap 197 @ $281.56

CAp 198 @ 261.56

Thor 249 @ $305 893frustrated.gif

Hmm BIN @ 10% off = $877.75

My wins today... $848.12... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

doh!893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gif

I'll make sure to slab my lower copies and hit slayersboy up for sloppy seconds...