• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLASH Promo Piece

23 posts in this topic

Hey folks -

Two questions.

Q1- Does anyone know who drew that Flash promo piece that's popping up in the DC books recently? It's the one where Flash is lying down on the words "Flash" "Fastest man alive" and the villans are above him.

Q2 - Does anyone know who is selling the OA for that piece, or where I could find it for that matter?

Thanks in advance guys.

- A

Thanks for the tips.

The piece is already sold.

DAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNN IT - I loved that page.

I don't see a reference to it on Ryan's page? Am I skipping over it?

Also do you have a link to the image?

C

Hey Artemaria,

I totally feel your pain. Recently I saw a new image debuted as a preview on Newsarama. I immediately wrote to both the artist and their rep, but the piece had been asked for by another collector already. Especially if the piece is of a prominent character, by a top artist, or is going to be significant in some way, chances are we have but mere moments to act, or even worse, that by the time we mere mortals have seen it, it's already too late.

Some artists give their regular/best customers first look at things they're working on. Some high level pieces get snatched up by the talent working on the book. (How often have you heard "The cover is promised to the writer!" It's pretty hard to compete with that) smile.gif Other times something will sell at a con before it's even gone public. Some reps/artists want to be fair to everyone and make a piece available at high noon on the website. Some will sell to whoever asks first.

It's all part of the quick draw at the OA corral.

Happy hunting!!

J

BTW -- Quick draw bonus points to collectors who get to look at books a day early and email the artist/rep on Tuesday. It cracks me up when I hear someone say they read their weekly comics on Saturday and still expected that awesome splash page to be available.

Jon -

Thanks so much for the encouragement.

It is really tough to be a mere mortal, particularly with this hobby. Sometimes you feel like you are chasing ghosts. Until, of course, that prettier, nicer ghost of your new favorite character comes along.

I don't really go to conventions (I've been to only one a couple of years ago before I was an OA addict), so I guess I am missing out on that aspect of the collecting. It will be neat to go to a convention again (hopefully soon) when I can look around with my new perspective.

- A

Actually I pre bought my last 2 pieces at Heroes con. So going to conventions is a good thing. Sometimes even being on the inside track doesn't help though. But If I didn't go to conventions and know artist and art dealers I would get even less than I do.

Actually I pre bought my last 2 pieces at Heroes con. So going to conventions is a good thing.

This may be more true than you know. The piece was sold a couple of weeks ago at a convention.

I don't have any ideological opposition to going to conventions, it's just that it is not that easy with life's other little obligations.

But, it seems as if I have to straighten out my priorities and soon!

Keep in mind that pages are done way in advance of a book or ad being published. I remember seeing that ad for the first time about 4-6 weeks ago in a preview. I'm not surprised that it was gone very soon after that. You have to move fast in this hobby.