• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you feel DC books are grader harder then Marvel ??

8 posts in this topic

I've been watching, what seems to be, a phenomenon with folks that have posted there graded books. I've talked to a couple of members about the paper quality of DC's being superior to Marvel during the Silver and Bronze age. But I've noticed that similar books with the same flaws seem to be graded lower when they are DC's compared to Marvel.

My own opinion is that DC had a slightly higher quality, yet thicker, paper that caused the same type of creases to be harsher looking and so on.

Am I just being crazy or does anyone else notice this between the two?? confused-smiley-013.gif

I've been watching, what seems to be, a phenomenon with folks that have posted there graded books. I've talked to a couple of members about the paper quality of DC's being superior to Marvel during the Silver and Bronze age. But I've noticed that similar books with the same flaws seem to be graded lower when they are DC's compared to Marvel.

My own opinion is that DC had a slightly higher quality, yet thicker, paper that caused the same type of creases to be harsher looking and so on.

Am I just being crazy or does anyone else notice this between the two?? confused-smiley-013.gif

I have scratched my head a few times when I have seen 9.4 Marvels that look worse than 9.2 DC's. It seems to be a perception.

Ask Burntboy what he thinks.

Arex

For books given a really tough time, take the Silver Age DC Squarebounds. Out of all the raw books I ever submitted to CGC I felt that these were given the toughest ride. I got the clear impression that CGC were treating glue shrinkage rippling (not color-breaking) the same as stress. confused-smiley-013.gif

For books given a really tough time, take the Silver Age DC Squarebounds. Out of all the raw books I ever submitted to CGC I felt that these were given the toughest ride. I got the clear impression that CGC were treating glue shrinkage rippling (not color-breaking) the same as stress. confused-smiley-013.gif

The only squarebound book I've submitted was this one. It did have ripples (non-color breaking) from the glue on the spine. Sorry about the huge scan.

67ipohv.jpg