• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC'S CURRENT COMPETITION

44 posts in this topic

On Ebay right now, there are 28 CGG books, 40 3PG books, and 2521 books that are CGC graded.

What do you think will be the numbers about a year from now? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

On Ebay right now, there are 28 CGG books, 40 3PG books, and 2521 books that are CGC graded.

What do you think will be the numbers about a year from now? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

What did I tell you about using the " confused-smiley-013.gif " all the time? mad.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

What did I tell you about using the " confused-smiley-013.gif " all the time? mad.gif

cool.gif

About 30 CGG, 60 3PG, and 4500 CGC... plus enough raw copies to dwarf those numbers...

I don't think CGG will be in business by this time next year, but that doesn't mean people won't be selling their junk on eBay. You can still buy Spice Girls CD's after all...

0 CGG, 0 3PG, 2521 CGC

0 CGG, 0 3PG, 2521 CGC

Fire bad... Tree pretty...

From a current CGG auction:

CGG is giving CGC all the trouble they can handle.  This great well protecting the comic is TOP-NOTCH and you can rest assured that the copy you are getting is TOP-OF-THE-LINE!.

Man, I can't wait for CGG to open up their own message boards...

one hot topic with criticism and conspiricy speculation from Vince and they'll have an emergency meeting and try to hire him to keep him quiet 27_laughing.gif

I believe that's why CI was on hiatus...he had just started his new job at CGG in Public Relations and was planning strategy to bring about the ruination of CGC... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

intersting. i visited 3pg's website. everyone on here oughta check it out. It really shows how much CGG is slipping. Afterall, 3pg already has a hard plexaglass holder for their books and they just opened. Their pricing is relatively low but they only grade modern books for around $7.50? I think. Makes me wish CGC would lower their modern book grading price. I might submit more. Here is the link 3pg]http://3pgrading.com]3pg grading[/url]

My dream is for a lower-priced 1970-75 bracket for the same $250 and under Guide level that CGC enforces on their Moderns.

That way I could get some of my fave Captain Marvel, Avengers, Defenders, Captain America, Strange Tales/Warlock, Hero for Hire, etc. Bronze issues graded without going bankrupt. grin.gif

Right with you there JC... Got boxes full of 20c cover books that I would love to submit, but there's just no sense in it...

I like my comics raw, so let me know if you want to send me any??

0 CGG, 0 3PG, 2521 CGC

grrrr

0 CGG, 0 3PG, 2521 CGC

grrrr

argg

0 CGG, 0 3PG, 2521 CGC

grrrr

argg

pffft

0 CGG, 0 3PG, 2521 CGC

grrrr

argg

pffft

Not to get back ON-topic, but does anyone know if CGC is planning to raise their price back up to $19 for modern at the end of this month? This if anything may play a part in someone going to the cheaper grading services. gossip.gif

Not to get back ON-topic, but does anyone know if CGC is planning to raise their price back up to $19 for modern at the end of this month?

This would not be a good move on their part, as the $15 (not counting discount) fee is about right to keep most from trying out the competitors. Then again, that new label wasn't a good idea either, and they trotted that out anyway.