• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

80's Toys, Video games etc.....Any collectors on here?

60 posts in this topic

Man, I can't get over some of the games you have. I've forgotten how many I've actually played, and all those times I would see them at a toy store but could never get them.

I've been watching the Joe market for a while(so as not to get burned). I'm pretty picky about which ones I buy(I don't like price stickers at all) so I don't have much yet. I've got a couple I chased down privately, through the people I've met on Ebay. I've also got some loose stuff, but have decided to go strictly MOC for now.

Right before I came on the boards, I had a few really nice MOC pieces like a Snake Eyes and Stormshadow from series 3, a series 2 Gung Ho, and a series 5 Snow Serpent, but I sold them to raise some cash after I overspent on a couple of CGC's. I don't even have the CGC's anymore, so I really regret it. 893frustrated.gif

Anyway, I will post in the future as I get them.

I was the biggest Mego World's Greatest Super Heroes collector when I was a kid...in the 70s. I had everything...batmobile, bat cave, spiderman, batman and robin, joker, penguin, green goblin, planet of the apes, six million dollar man....i had it all. And I found some old photos of me and my sister at christmas time and there is a mint in the box Wonder Woman at my feet....if i only had that now.... frown.gif

and yes, I had Stretch Armstrong...Stretch Monster....Rock-n-Sock em robots and of course, Evil Knevil Stunt Cycle ... acclaim.gif

oh...those were the days ! cloud9.gif

Didn't they just come out with...

Unicron - standing

Unicron - Planet

How big is it? confused-smiley-013.gif

TRANSFORMERS: THE UNICRON BATTLES UNICRON DELUXE FIGURE

This fall, the battle for control of the Mini-Cons heats up with the coming of the planet-sized Transformer, Unicron! The ultimate evil in the universe hungers for Mini-Cons, and will stop at nothing to possess them all! Standing 16" tall in robot mode, Unicron can transform to planet mode, and features a special "ring" to which up to 24 Mini-Cons can be attached! He also features three opening Mini-Con storage compartments in his legs and stomach, and features light-up eyes and "Mini-Con-grabbing" hand (with 5 articulated fingers per hand)! Unicron also includes the triple-changing Mini-Con, Nebulon, which transforms from robot to cannon to satellite! Window box packaging.

Scheduled to ship in August 2003.

UNICRON TOY$74.99

I'm defintely a late 60's early 70's kind of guy (rock-em, sock'em robots, Sizzlers, battling tops, etc), and my video playing days died off with Atari. But I did once buy a MIB unassembled Super Powers Hall of Justice. Never saw it as a teenager (and could've cared less at the time), but when I saw it as an adult, I just had to have it. Even my wife went nuts over it. It was unreal. Even the damn box was cool as heck. I finally sold it after 2 years because I had to draw the line somewhere-actually made a couple hundred bucks off of it. Kind of moderated the pain of actually selling something from my collection.

I was on eBay one night showing my kids different toys I played with when I was young.

I showed them the cool stuff like Evel Knievel, SST Racers, Crash Up Derby, various Star Wars toys, etc.

Then I remembered one. One that I had not thought of in a long time.

I quickly looked it up.

Sure enough. I remembered the name.

I clicked on one of the items and as the images started to appear, we all sat there in awe.

Click

Click

Click

Click

Click

Click

My youngest daughter was the first to break the silence.

She says... "Dad, you used to play with Village People Dolls?"

At that point, we all burst into tearful laughter.

And to think, for a brief moment, I couldn't remember why these had been put so deep into my memory banks.

Could these things *be* more "flaming"?

Anyway. I thought you guys might enjoy a good chuckle. 27_laughing.gif

As I mentioned before, I started collecting MOC around a year ago. Bought a few, then sold them. In the last year, they've been getting increasingly hard to get, and more expensive. Collectors are not willing to part with their MOC figures, and I don't blame them. pre-86'(series 1-4) are getting very hard to find.

Check out this amazing collection that was just listed today. 893whatthe.gif

I bet he's going to be having regrets.........

I'm thinking these would average out to about $200-$300 a piece, so I hope he gets a fair price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3144106408&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Is it just me, or does it look like Kirby did the art on those boxes?

Is it just me, or does it look like Kirby did the art on those boxes?

If not it's someone doing a pretty good imitation...look at the hands,..the big square fingers,..that's Kirby.

J.D.

Indeed it was Kirby.

Good eye, Cap.

I had a little over 100 loose Joes about a year ago and sold them all on ebay when I first started selling. Do I regret it? No way! I made a few joes collectors happy especially a gentleman in Montana that bought the majority of my collection.

Coming out of my apartment in Jan 85(?) I came across a bunch of boxes thrown out from Christmas. An idea hit me and I spent the next couple of days gathering up boxes of the GI Joe aircraft carrier, Teddy Ruxpin ect. Did it for thenext couple of years and had an entire garage attic full of empty boxes. Last year made my first sale to someone selling a mint carrier w/o box. Boxes are worth more than the toys in many cases.

i used to collect 70's & 80's toys, but have sold most of it off to buy comics. I still have a MOC calibos, charon & perseus from Clash of the Titans because they were just too damm cool! I have some star wars figures left i've hung on to sincve th 70's, but thats it. I used to have Pulsar, 6 million dollar man, mego's, universal monster action figures, etc. I did revently flip a MIB atari 2600 i found sealed at a garage sale for $8 for $250! grin.gif