• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Silver Surfer #4 - didn't see this coming...

20 posts in this topic

Looks like the spine is cracked at the top. frown.gif

That will push it down to the lowest end of the Fine range it's in.

I checked the spine and it is not cracked. It's actually a miswrap with a color breaking crease. How would that affect your grade?

I checked the spine and it is not cracked. It's actually a miswrap with a color breaking crease. How would that affect your grade?

I certainly wouldn't go below a 6.0 . . . regardless of what Aces says poke2.gif

stooges.gif

If it's just a wrinkle then 6.0 thumbsup2.gif

The degraded corners are not uncommon in the square-bound books -- don't know why this is exactly - almost looks like bug chew . . . but I think it's a function of the glue and normal spine corner wear and tear. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If those two corners are the only real defects... I'd range it between a 6.0-6.5. Seeing it up close would probably help. I'd have to agree John Tetzloff- the pictures really make the defects look worse than they probably are, but better to have a conservative grade than not.

And sorry you got hosed by eBay-- hopefully you didn't pay VF 8.0 price?

I returned the book to the seller and, once he received it, I got the following response:

I got the item, Silver Surfer # 4 VF 8.0 1st Thor vs. Silver Surfer, back today. I am not happy to find that there is a small tear on the upper right corner edge of the cover that was not there before. One of my conditions for a refund is that the item has to be returned in the same condition you received it in. This was not the case. I do not know what you are trying to do by damaging the comic. Because the damage is minor, I will still give you your refund but I will have to block you from bidding on my future items to prevent this from happening again.

Just goes to show that ebay is a freak show and you can't trust anyone, even a guy with 99.8% positive feedback over 1400 transactions.

I returned the book to the seller and, once he received it, I got the following response:

I got the item, Silver Surfer # 4 VF 8.0 1st Thor vs. Silver Surfer, back today. I am not happy to find that there is a small tear on the upper right corner edge of the cover that was not there before. One of my conditions for a refund is that the item has to be returned in the same condition you received it in. This was not the case. I do not know what you are trying to do by damaging the comic. Because the damage is minor, I will still give you your refund but I will have to block you from bidding on my future items to prevent this from happening again.

Just goes to show that ebay is a freak show and you can't trust anyone, even a guy with 99.8% positive feedback over 1400 transactions.

Once you get your money back consider him blocking you a favor thumbsup2.gif

What a *spoon* this guy turned out to be.

Wow, that sucks....talk about a transaction leaving a bad taste in the mouth.

Is it possible he's sincere and something happened in transit, or do you think he's just making it up? confused.gif

...And can you let us know the seller's ebay handle as well. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Is it possible he's sincere and something happened in transit, or do you think he's just making it up? confused.gif

I'm not sure how it could have happened during transit. It was packed pretty securely. At this point, I was getting annoyed with the guy but I didn't want to *spoon* him off too much until I got my refund. I told him I didn't usually waste my time buying $200 books, damaging them and then asking for a refund. So I asked him to send me a picture of the tear and this was his response:

It is too much hassle to send you a picture. I have scans of all my comics and I remember what they looked like and the tear was not there before. Because the tear is small, I will be nice and forget about it.

Your refund has been sent by Pay Pal already.

Also, send me a PM and I'll send you the ebay id. gossip.gif