• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amy Grant vs. Marvel Comics lawsuit

39 posts in this topic

Thanks, wdb! (& come to think of it, didn't the Floyd get in trouble for having the Gigi album on the front cover of another of their records? If so, maybe we humans have been a foolish & litigious lot a bit longer than I suggested!)

& let's not disparage Ms. Grant's hotness, guys!

It's that June Cleaver kind of sexy.

Typical knee jerk right wing religous reaction.

If you have no problem with unauthorized use of your likeness, I'll just forward your pic to "Gay Guys Gone Wild" for consideration on their latest DVD cover. 27_laughing.gif

If you have no problem with unauthorized use of your likeness, I'll just forward your pic to "Gay Guys Gone Wild" for consideration on their latest DVD cover. 27_laughing.gif

I've got enough babes out there that'll know I'm not gay. I'm not too worried. wink.gif

Seriously, i have a big problem with the religous right so I guess my reaction was a bit hasty.

R.

I am surprised you would have their contact info handy. poke2.gif

Typical knee jerk right wing religous reaction. Funny how petty a thing people will argue and sue over. Anybody every read the story and have a synopsis? Does the cover relate to the stroy in any way?

R.

If Amy Grant had used a likeness of Dr Strange to promote her album, Marvel would have sued because because she was associating Dr Strange with Christianity. It's a two way street.

Mark, why did they use Grant? Couldn't they have copied some other better lookin' babe with huge monstrous jugs?

I wish I knew. From a legal perspective I look at this situation and just shake my head wondering why in the world they did it.

Gospel-pop singer Amy Grant is suing Marvel Comics to stop the use of what she says is her likeness on a comic book that features "occult subject matter."

The lawsuit charges that "Dr. Strange" features characters, story lines and artwork related to witchcraft, sorcery, science fiction and other fantasy, horror and occult subject matter.

"Many fans of Christian music consider interest in witchcraft and the occult to be antithetical to their Christian beliefs and to the message of Christian music in general," the lawsuit said.

27_laughing.gif

That's funny - Christians bemoaning witchcraft and the "occult". Let's see, they worship a guy who was killed and then rose from the dead. Occult-ish? His mother gave birth even though she was a virgin. Witchcraft or magic? They worship the guy who transformed water into wine. Witchcraft? They get all a-flutter about visions of Mary in toast, windows, highway underpasses, etc. Occult? Oh, those wacky Christians...

yay.gif

Please let this die

It can't, as the anti-religion nerd-zealots are out in full force, making sure to tell EVERYONE in sight how *hilarious* they find all the world's religions.

Good work guys, and I'm sure you're parents are very proud of your block-headed intolerance. thumbsup2.gif