• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade (Tales of Suspense 63)

34 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. I just got my TOS 63 back from CGC. I thought it would get an 8.0 with off-white pages. Here's the pre-graded scans (sorry, no interior shots as I forgot about that before sending it off) Anyone want to guess what it ended up getting? Anyone think I was dead on or way off?

talesofsuspense63fcdx5.jpg

talesofsuspense63bclb8.jpg

Gorgeous book. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Since the spine is really nice with almost no stresses, I'm going to guess CGC gave it an 8.5. They go pretty easy on the foxing and tiny chips...

That's why I'll go as high as: 9.0

Gorgeous book. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Since the spine is really nice with almost no stresses, I'm going to guess CGC gave it an 8.5. They go pretty easy on the foxing and tiny chips...

That's why I'll go as high as: 9.0

Agreed - 9.0

And the answer is? makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

stooges.gif

Settle down. I'll post the scan when I get home. (~3 hours) thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I actually was going to post it while I was here at work (thanks for paying me to surf, taxpayers!) but I forgot to upload the scan. Whoops. foreheadslap.gif

Aces and Fedoraman are the big winners! It scored a 9.0, although the PQ was lower than I personally thought it was, but oh well. Not too bad for a $30 buy. It also is the 1st Silver Aga origin of Caps. makepoint.gif

talesofsuspense63fccgc1re8.jpg

acclaim.gif