• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: SILVER AGE SURVIVOR SERIES - Round 7

Choose the next comic to depart  

546 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the next comic to depart

90 posts in this topic

What was the Human Tourch and Submariner?

DC did it First.

And I totally agree with JC for maybe the first time Martain Manhunter is the first Silver Age Superhero. It should be the First SA book and I am sure that it was not dubbed so due to the cover.

I can see someone is unfamiliar with the Atlas rebirth. Shouldn't the new Atom Age versions of Captain America, Human Torch, and Submariner from 1953 be considered the birth of the Silver Age?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What power does Saturn girl have? Is there a Saturn girl comic?

To look great in a pink bathing suit and no.

And put me in the pro-Adventure 247 camp. I think it's a significant key issue.

Something I'm not seeing discussed with regard to the comparison between the Legion and all of the Marvel books - and the other DC books for that matter - is that the Legion is a series published outside of current continuity.

Think about that for a second. Name me one Marvel book in the last fifty years that focused on a group or even an individual character who existed beyond the reach of the normal continuity of the Marvel universe.

Take your Iron Man and your Thor series, stick them two thousand years in the future, or in the past or whatever, and see how many issues they last. I think even 130 issues or whatever for the Legion book, regardless of logo or indica is a remarkable feat, and something worth of respect, despite the protestations of a bunch of people who probably haven't bought - much less read - a Silver Age book in their life

sumo.gif

Something I'm not seeing discussed with regard to the comparison between the Legion and all of the Marvel books - and the other DC books for that matter - is that the Legion is a series published outside of current continuity.

Think about that for a second. Name me one Marvel book in the last fifty years that focused on a group or even an individual character who existed beyond the reach of the normal continuity of the Marvel universe.

Take your Iron Man and your Thor series, stick them two thousand years in the future, or in the past or whatever, and see how many issues they last. I think even 130 issues or whatever for the Legion book, regardless of logo or indica is a remarkable feat, and something worth of respect, despite the protestations of a bunch of people who probably haven't bought - much less read - a Silver Age book in their life

sumo.gif

back then DC HAD no strict continuity... just story after story with some repeat characters. Thst how they ended up with 5000 Earths it took a Crisis to sort out (and another one 20 years later to reassemble)

Marvel from day one pretty much was conceived by a small core of guys who chose to place everybody on one city (a real one at that) and have them all bump into each other (and fight!)