• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Craft 2 -=OT=-

82 posts in this topic

Well the sequel to prehaps the greatest video game of the 20th century is due out soon.

yay.gif

Anyone here really looking foward to it?

Can you believe they took almost ten years to finally make it?

foreheadslap.gif

Screen shots coming up! laugh.gif

1864276-SC1small.jpg

I had to lower the file size to under 200KB to fit in uploads here.

The original 600-800KB jegs look even better! 893whatthe.gif

1864276-SC1small.jpg.f06aae80f3268cf6fcb218dd480ac12a.jpg

It will be awesome but I think "due out soon" is pushing it with Blizzard's record. Not that I'm complaining since they put out such great games; but they really take the 'it will be done when it's done' thing to the limit.

God I hope that doesn't come out soon, I spent waaayyyy too many hours playing this game in college.

thumbsup2.gif

Part of me likes the new graphics, but a part of me looks at those screen shots and thinks it looks a jumbled mess because there is not enough contrast for me. It all looks blended and it appears to me you could have units doing there on thing and not be able to tell. I think it's do in part to like reflection. The buildings and the units are both reflecting light now and to my eyes anyway, they start to blend in. It looks great to watch, but might be a different thing when it comes to managing the game in battles.

God I hope that doesn't come out soon, I spent waaayyyy too many hours playing this game in college.

thumbsup2.gif

Part of me likes the new graphics, but a part of me looks at those screen shots and thinks it looks a jumbled mess because there is not enough contrast for me. It all looks blended and it appears to me you could have units doing there on thing and not be able to tell. I think it's do in part to like reflection. The buildings and the units are both reflecting light now and to my eyes anyway, they start to blend in. It looks great to watch, but might be a different thing when it comes to managing the game in battles.

The original screens were 3-4X clearer. I have the 600KB files on my desktop but had to dumb them down to under 200KB for here. The originals look clearer.

BTW-

No decisions have been made as to minimum system requirements, but Blizzard has always made games for a wide range of computers. The team did note that a Shader Model 2.0-compatible graphics card will be required. (That's GeForce FX, Radeon 9000 or better, PC Gamer reports.)

If you have an old video card with only shader 1.X it won't work.

It's one of the reasons I got a new PC. yay.gif

1998 was a great year with the release of Star Craft and Baldur's Gate.

After seeing those two games at a friends house I was conviced to get my first PC in 1999.

yay.gif

if by 'soon' you mean 2010...

27_laughing.gif

still...i enjoyed throwing away a lot of hours of my life to the first game.

probably do the same with this one.

PC gamer in June had Star Craft 2 as the cover story.

It included a demo CD.

When I went to the store to get it and was put off by the $8.99 + tax cover price.

The last gaming mag I bought was about $3 so that shows how long it's been.

27_laughing.gif