• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM #1 - Edited with pic

32 posts in this topic

I bought this as an 8.0/8.5... I don't see it with the Marvel chipping on the cover. but you never know. What do you think?

Also, that "foggy" verticle bar that goes up the page over the green circle is the scanners reflection off the mylar (no I didn't take it out to scan.) That page color that you can see from the edges looks pretty good for being off-white to.

asm_1_786x1146.jpg

Kevin

I bought this as an 8.0/8.5... I don't see it with the Marvel chipping on the cover. but you never know. What do you think?

Also, that "foggy" verticle bar that goes up the page over the green circle is the scanners reflection off the mylar (no I didn't take it out to scan.) That page color that you can see from the edges looks pretty good for being off-white to.

asm_1_786x1146.jpg

Kevin

1) Not seeing your image

2) Welcome to the Board 893applaud-thumb.gif

I should also mention that the issue has solid staples, no rust, but the Marvel chipping you can see on the covers edges. However, if you look to the right of Things elbow on the stairs, that's a tear. I'd say less than a 1/4" long. Also the lower right corner, there is that slight, slight corner bend.

Is it an 8.0 now?

Kevin

I can see it now! yay.gif

I think CGC might go 6.0 due to them being a little soft on chipping but personally I wouldn't grade higher than the 5s.

If you belong to the camp that deducts for shipping, I'd say 5.0.

If you go easy on chipping, 7.0

That's a nice way to break it down. I was hesitant to even put a grade on it as I'm just not sure.

Beautiful book! 893applaud-thumb.gif

If you belong to the camp that deducts for shipping, I'd say 5.0.

How much is deducted for "shipping"? insane.gif

If that's the case . . . I''ll pick it up. 27_laughing.gif

I bet the comic comes with free chipping. poke2.gif

I paid $5100 for this... I'm guessing I was jipped?

Does the cover really detract that much from the grade?

jipped and chipped, not to mention gipped 27_laughing.gif

I dunno about prices, but I would recommend slabbing it. It ceratinly isn't a 8.0 - 8.5 sumo.gif