• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please guess the grade of my first golden age comic !

27 posts in this topic

I met a french collector yesterday that i didn't know before.

He was selling some of his books so i purchased the one below.

Thanks to him, i was able to take an Action comics #4 in my hands (you can trust me, that's something really impressive for me who generally only collect silver age & up comics...)

Well, it's up to you now:

action91.jpg

action91b.jpg

Thanks !

Isn't that a hole or paper snag on the back near the tail of the large plane? That could explain the low grade....

I got to tag along with the local comic shop owner to look at a one owner collection.This guy was a artist in the 30 and 40s.So he bought all the books with his art in them.His art was like a one strip story like bc in todays terms.To say I was blown away was a huge understatement.Below are some of the ga books he had.

Marvel comics 1

Action 3.4,7.

Most of the more fun.

All and all around 300 books.Someone was flying in from san francisco to buy the lot the next day.The comic shop was Greg Weed comics.I am not kidding.

Nice pick up David,

really nice book 893applaud-thumb.gif

what about that action 4? insane.gif

He already sold it for $1100 to an american collector.

This french seller is ten years old younger than me and he collects early Action comics...I have found a rare pearl grin.gif