• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimates 2 Vol.2 Holy *spoon* that was good!

10 posts in this topic

just read it for the first time, now that the trade is out. best in super hero book since Dark Knight. If you think it's not, you are objectively WRONG. sumo.gif

edit: Holy *spoon*, how did my foul language slip through the oppressive censors?!

I read 1-6 all at once then waited for the rest. Then I re-read them all together (over two or three days actually, but you get the point).

It was pretty good.

Does anyone know if those Ultimates cartoon dvds track these two series or are they something different? Second, are the DVDs more kid friendly than the comics (I have a 9 year old and I wouldn't give him the Ultimates 2 comics, sad to say)?

I read 1-6 all at once then waited for the rest. Then I re-read them all together (over two or three days actually, but you get the point).

It was pretty good.

Does anyone know if those Ultimates cartoon dvds track these two series or are they something different? Second, are the DVDs more kid friendly than the comics (I have a 9 year old and I wouldn't give him the Ultimates 2 comics, sad to say)?

The first was very similar to Vol. 1. Skrulls were replaced by these bug-like, insectoid aliens. It was actually pretty good, and fine for kids.

I thought the second one was pretty crappy. Mostly about T'Chaila (Black Panther). I think the insectoid things were the villains once again. Still kid-friendly though. A 9 year old would probably dig it.

I think it should've been more along the lines of the comic story.