• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$500 to 1,000 guilt free spending money - What would you get?

55 posts in this topic

I just recieved an unxepected windfall of $1,000 in the mail yesterday and have been given the okay to spend it on anything I want. For me this is an astronomical amount of money to spend on any one book. The most expensive book in my collection is probably about $200.

What book would you buy for between $500 and $1,000? Would you go for something high grade, key, or just plain old?

I just recieved an unxepected windfall of $1,000 in the mail yesterday and have been given the okay to spend it on anything I want. For me this is an astronomical amount of money to spend on any one book. The most expensive book in my collection is probably about $200.

What book would you buy for between $500 and $1,000? Would you go for something high grade, key, or just plain old?

John, I had the exact same "dilemma" recently, and I picked up that ASM #1. A solution to think about! yay.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif,

what are your collecting interests? What book/s are very important in that run/s you are working on? Figure out that answer and go from there.

I would buy a nice Frazetta Famous Funnies or the Mask 2 on Metro's site...if it's still there.

I think I would have to go with either an early GL in 9.0 (maybe a couple) or try and find a GL 40 in 9.2 for 1k

I would buy something that you never thought you'd own. Whether that's a Marvel Mystery or an early Detective or X-Men #1 or whatever.

I remember when I bought a book I had wanted since I was a kid and never thought I'd be able to afford. I was on cloud9.gif for days smile.gif

I would buy something that you never thought you'd own. Whether that's a Marvel Mystery or an early Detective or X-Men #1 or whatever.

I remember when I bought a book I had wanted since I was a kid and never thought I'd be able to afford. I was on cloud9.gif for days smile.gif

That's a good call. I remember what it was like when I got my X-Men 1. I couldn't believe it.

I would buy any of the following in whatever condition $1000 would get me:

Weird Science Fantasy 29

Startling Comics 49 (or any of the Schomburg airbrush covers)

Famous Funnies 211, 213, or 214

There are others, but these are some of my favorites off the top of my head.

I'll pm you my address after you buy one of these, so you know where to ship it. grin.gif

Being that Spider-Man is probably the hottest thing going now and has been for quite some time, I would be (and I am myself) buying up #1-100 of the SA Spidey. I just missed #5 - 10 of ASM last week off of eBay. Or you could just pick up the key issues. Like, 14, 20, 41, 50, 51, 121, 122, 129, 136.

Something like that...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif