• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cap 254 CGC 9.8 on ebay

26 posts in this topic

Is it just me, or does the bidding seem just a bit out of whack here? Link. I was planning on placing a bid on this item, but the book simply doesn’t warrant the price in my opinion. What am I missing?

I hear ya... especially with the bad wrap.... confused.gif

There was talk of this book and the one prior (253) in the bronze section a while back.

I think it comes down to a very cool book (cover), great storyline, and there probably aren't alot graded in general because of the era (although I haven't checked). I don't think this is unreasonable, $250+ would be, but not for what it's going for (although it's still got 10 minutes left).

Jay

There was talk of this book and the one prior (253) in the bronze section a while back.

I think it comes down to a very cool book (cover), great storyline, and there probably aren't alot graded in general because of the era (although I haven't checked). I don't think this is unreasonable, $250+ would be, but not for what it's going for (although it's still got 10 minutes left).

Jay

$270! 893whatthe.gif

one of only 2 9.8's?

27_laughing.gif Yeah, out of about 20,000 probables.

I'm as big a Byrne BA fan as anyone, but that book is ultra-common and the Census means nothing more than it isn't worth snot in CGC 9.4.

I really think its one of the unsung classic late bronze covers. I am not shocked at the price at all.

There's gold in that there bronze! High grade low pop. moderns bring real good $$$ once in awhile.

I've been looking for a nice copy of this one myself. I have the 253 in 9.6, but not the 254. One of my favorite storylines. Plus, Union Jack is one of my guilty pleasures. Dunno why.

One day we will find one.

Hey JC, I have been looking for a legit 9.4 copy of that book for about 8 months without any leads. I agree many bronze books are widely available, this one seems not so much.

Probably because of the recent horror upsurge and the book's crossover appeal, but I've been buying Byrne since the early-80's and never noticed it being rarer than the rest.

In fact, the toughest one I had locating in NM+ was one of the Mr Hyde issues, 252 probably.

Hey JC, I have been looking for a legit 9.4 copy of that book for about 8 months without any leads. I agree many bronze books are widely available, this one seems not so much.

It's probably just a case of people not wanting to part with it for the $2-5 they perceive a nm would get. Honestly, I can't believe we're talking about scarcity and cap 254 in the same sentence. That book has been at like, every show I've ever attended in my entire life.

Hey, great halloween postcards lately. I've watched a few of the recent ones and have been seriously tempted to bid. One of these days I have to buy something from you.

cheers