• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cap 254 CGC 9.8 on ebay

26 posts in this topic

Thanks Bronty! I have been working really hard on them to make my upcoming book look better! I am not saying the cap is rare, I am just saying I have not come across a 9.4. I have a FN+ & a VFNM right now, and they were a breeze, but since it s abook I like so much I have been trying to find a 9.4 Since December, and no luck. I agree, its probably a perceived value thing, thats what happened with bronze horror too. As soon as $$$ Were being dropped, many, many copies came out.

. . . As soon as $$$ Were being dropped, many, many copies came out.

That's what I'd always worry about paying that much for even ultra high grade in the '80s and more recent. I mostly (seriously) collect silver-age stuff, but I know I have lot of "common" comics I bought off the stands in the early 80s and many would either be a 9.6, 9.8, etc. (i.e. I did have a couple each of ASM#238 and #361 that I ended up sending to CGC when I knew what they were selling for, and got 9.6 and 9.8s on - I sold them). I just think the census may be low on many because people have not thought to send any in. I really haven't.

Hey JC, I have been looking for a legit 9.4 copy of that book for about 8 months without any leads. I agree many bronze books are widely available, this one seems not so much.

I think I MIGHT have a worthy 9.4-9.6 copy if anyone wishes to exam the crappy scans and or fight for it sumo.gif

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/JiveTalker/CAP254F.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/JiveTalker/CAP254B.jpg

I'd hit that for $100 easy...but not much more. Still a cool book.

Can you do that to a comic book?