• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANYONE GOT $750,000 TO SPARE?

127 posts in this topic

Let's put it to the Forum: (and for the purpose of accuracy, honestly go back to the lead post link and study all 253 components of this collection before you answer).

If you had $253,000 to invest for the purpose of investment, would you pay $1000 per book for each book in this collection as a whole??? To be clear, that means that you get the Namora for $1000 but you get the rest of the garbage for $1000 per book as well.

That's a big negatory.

Secondly, How relatively important do you think this collection is in comparison to the Mile High, Allentown, or any other Pedigree that had high grade keys like Tec 27, Tec 33, Tec 38, Marvel 1, Action 1, etc.??

Uh......not as. blush.gif

Why don't you shut that gash under your nose?
Why don't you blow me and answer MrNice's question? tongue.gif

Well.......I'm going to skip the whole "blow me" invitation......but I did answer the questions. tongue.gif

OK....the flaming appears to have ended so I'm off to the gym! Later fool! insane.gif

EXACTLY! HYPE, HYPE, HYPE...but no substance to support the sensationalism. Certain individuals are comparing these books to the Church collection????893whatthe.gif Some of these are nicer than their Church counterparts????893whatthe.gif .

WHO CARES?? Look at the titles!!!!

Mr. Nice - I'm in your corner (and several others) on this one - I wouldn't want these books at all. They are completely inconsistent with my collecting goals and for that matter just about 99% of the HG collector's universe as well. $500K is an awful lot of $$$ and for that I can get the books that I am interested in - namely a full run of Batman / Action / Detective pretty easily . . .

DAM

EXACTLY! HYPE, HYPE, HYPE...but no substance to support the sensationalism. Certain individuals are comparing these books to the Church collection????893whatthe.gif Some of these are nicer than their Church counterparts????893whatthe.gif .

WHO CARES?? Look at the titles!!!!

Mr. Nice - I'm in your corner (and several others) on this one - I wouldn't want these books at all. They are completely inconsistent with my collecting goals and for that matter just about 99% of the HG collector's universe as well. $500K is an awful lot of $$$ and for that I can get the books that I am interested in - namely a full run of Batman / Action / Detective pretty easily . . .

DAM

I think most of us will agree on this point. I wouldn't pay $150K for these books if I had it to spend. I just have no idea how much these obscure titles, even in super high grade, might actually be worth. It would seem though, that at least some heavy hitter out there is interested in them. confused-smiley-013.gif

Top 20:

Action Comics #57 -9.2 (w) (Overstreet 9.4 $1250)

Adventure Comics #132 9.6 (w) (9.4 $560)

All American Western #103 9.2(w) (9.4 $575)

All Flash #8 9.0 (w) (9.0 $944)

Atomic Comics #1 9.6 (w) (9.4 $1550)

Boy Commandos #1 9.4 (w) (9.4 $7000)

Captain Marvel Jr. #2 9.4 (w) (9.4 $2250)

Crime Does Not Pay #25 9.2 (w) (9.4 $650)

Daredevil Comics(Battles Hitler) #1 8.0 (w) (8.0 $8000)

Flash Comics #38 9.4 (w) (9.4 $1225)

Four Color #161 Tarzan 9.8 (w) (9.4 $760)

Frankenstein Comics #1 9.2 (w) (9.4 $1225)

Funny Folks #1 9.6 (w) (9.4 $400)

Gangsters Cant Win #1 9.2(w) (9.4 $340)

KO Komics #1 9.2 (ow-w) (9.4 $800)

Master Comics #34 9.4 (w) (9.4 $800)

Mighty Mouse Comics #1 9.6 (w) (9.4 $1425)

Namora #1 9.8 (w) (9.4 $2800)

Tally-Ho Comics #NN 9.6 (w) (9.4 $450)

Wings Comics #63 9.8 (w) (9.4 $200)

Overstreet Guide on these (I just used 9.4 for everything except the 8.0s, where that was used, is $33204. I would assume a significant premium on the 9.6s and 9.8s, with a $15-20K price on the Namora not being out of the question. Still, these are clearly the cream, and I would imagine at best $150K retail on these? I just don't see 500K for the rest. And, by the way, the Wings 63 is the most lenient 9.8 I've ever seen. Look at the top left corner. But that's another story.

and WOW on Mr. Nice! GONE!

Supa.............."Strike 1" 27_laughing.gif

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Perhaps I better make some ammends in this thread myself.

Joe, you do know that I still love you like my luggage, don't you? blush.gif

There.....that makes me feel all better inside. cloud9.gif

I will needle you until I get a strike! sumo.gif