• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do these creators show up? Any SS out there?

67 posts in this topic

I just wish that CGC would allow creators to send the books directly to CGC to have them graded Signature series. If the books are postmarked and sent directly from the creators house I dont see how it couldnt be vailid. Zeck actually uses a specific type of return mailing label which has his website and information on it.

In the fall of 2007 a similar procedure to what you have proposed above was actually approved --so long as some very specific rules are adhered to. Such signings are usually coordinated by an existing SS account holder. For more specific information, contact myself or Paul Litch at CGC.

I just wish that CGC would allow creators to send the books directly to CGC to have them graded Signature series. If the books are postmarked and sent directly from the creators house I dont see how it couldnt be vailid. Zeck actually uses a specific type of return mailing label which has his website and information on it.

In the fall of 2007 a similar procedure to what you have proposed above was actually approved --so long as some very specific rules are adhered to. Such signings are usually coordinated by an existing SS account holder. For more specific information, contact myself or Paul Litch at CGC.

Does the label note that the book was signed at the creators house?

No it doesn't. It would be similar to the current procedure on private signings, for example, the Stan Lee signings like the one earlier this year in LA: "Signed by Stan Lee on March 28, 2007."

Everything has to be pre-arranged between the Witness and the creator and pre-approved by CGC. There are very specific rules and requirements involved, this is not an easy process and it is not for a book or two here and there. It is very similar to setting up a private SS signing.

Brian Bolland - Yes, he was at the NYCC last year and SDCCI the year before.

P. Craig Russell - Yes, but someone has to invite him and he has to want to go.

Kevin Nowlan - Yes, he was at the Toronto ComiCON Fan Appreciation event this

year. Otherwise, someone has to invite him and he has to want to go.

Ross Andru - Sadly, he passed away in 1993.

Len Wein - Yes, but someone has to invite him and he has to want to go.

Chris Bachalo - I've never seen him at a show. I'd like to.

Dan Green - Yes, he usually attends HeroesCon in June

Al Williamson - Regrettably, Al Williamson does not attend cons anymore.

I met Kevin Nowlan this year in a show down here in South Florida he did these 2 SS for me, he is a very nice guy to talk with as well.

As far as I know I was the first and possible sole owner of Fallen Son Sketch cover by Kevin Nowlan

49438-2.jpg.dc50235043268dfdab3273f02cdef789.jpg

49439-1.jpg.968eccbd1a4928db69995b97906fb51d.jpg

Anyone know of upcoming shows with any of these people:

Chris Claremont

Paul Smith

Bob Wiacek

John Byrne :insane:

With the exception of Byrne all those guys did cons this year. Paul Smith usually does supercon in oakland.

Bob Wiacek did the New York comic-con this year hopefully he will do it this coming year aswell.

Chris Claremont was at NYC this year aswell hopefully he will be this coming year aswell.