• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official CI Was Right Thread

25 posts in this topic

My VISA and MC rates are still under 3.9% introductory due to my flip via balance transfer game. Always transfer when your intor rates are going to jump up, pay on time and a little more than minimum, then next time around there will always be a 0% into offer for the next eighteen months...key here is to act like a model credit consumer...my rating is pretty good because of it and can always get more down the road! smile.gif

So, I still blame your input, CI...I must thank you though, because it seems that I got some decent deals on Defenders this weekend at the Baltimore con and ebay looks like easy pickings too for high grade early Defenders! grin.gif

Could someone please define this "crash" for me? I mean, I understand that these books aren't selling for the absurd prices they once were, but they are still selling, no? Is "crash" just hyperbole? Like I said, they aren't selling for absurd prices, but they are still selling. Sure, not everybody will want to fork over huge amounts of money for any ol' piece of "Generation X #47 (variant cover)" rubbish, but the books where it actually MATTERS (keys, etc) are still doing okay, right?

Again, I need "crash" defined.

Or is CGC merely becoming a function of the online auction sale?

type "crash" in the search engine & have fun reading!

Okay, done that... I'm still failing to understand. The way I'm seeing it, there are still huge sums of money changing hands for books that just shouldn't (necessarily) be retailing that high. I'm thinking that maybe it looks like there will always be suckers out there for particular books (keys, etc), though maybe everyone won't be drooling over a "9.8 Howard The Duck #12 (first appearance of KISS)" the way they have been.

Eh. Whatever. It is all cyclical. I don't need YOU PEOPLE to tell me that! Comics killed my daddy, but they won't get me!!! You'll see!