• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To undo-restoration or do it right that is the question.

7 posts in this topic

Ok I am the proud new owner of that Hulk #1 variant I plan on sending it to Matt as soon as I can afford it. Question is do I ask him to undo the restoration if possible or if It can be not be undone restore the book professionally. It will be submitted afterwards. What is everyone's opinion?

looking at the pics showcase-4 had in that other thread, it looks like the color touch has bled through, in which case i dunno if Nelson can undo it.

but we'll keep our 893crossfingers-thumb.gif for you

looking at the pics showcase-4 had in that other thread, it looks like the color touch has bled through, in which case i dunno if Nelson can undo it.

but we'll keep our 893crossfingers-thumb.gif for you

Really can't do much with marker bleeds except dig 'em out. A solvent bath might take them out, but then you are back in "restored" territory with the disassembly and solvent bath.

I've decided to send the book to Matt once I get the money together and Have him undo as much as possible the "restoration" that is present and then redo the seals reinforce the spine at the very least in order to conserve the book. After he gets it however I will discuss other options depending on the costs and may do a complete restoration of the book. With this book essentually being one of a kind (at this point) I want to stop it from any further Damage at the very least which is the reason for the conservation. I figure I am not going to be the only owner of the book in its "lifetime" so I don't want to be the one that screwed it up so to speak.

I'm not worried about the cost to value ratio on this book either since I have no plans on selling it. Plus its going to be considered restored no matter what.

Also once all the work is completed by Matt the book will be sent to CGC. Hopefully I can get a special label stating what it is seeing that it is a unusual book.

I think your intentions are in the right place. I can only hope the person who did the previous CT used paint/ink that can be washed out somewhat.

In the end I don't think you will be left holding the bag regarding "messing the book up."

Best of luck and it was nice conversing with you.

Kenny