• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Couldn't Send the Book - I Was in Jail

13 posts in this topic

I won an ASM #300 CGC 9.6 back in August and the seller never sent the book. I

sent multiple e-mails, reported him to both PayPal and eBay, left negative

feedback, to no avail. I was going to file a Fraud Complaint Form to get my money

back (less S&H charges and the $25 processing fee) when suddenly I got my full

purchase price refunded. I got this interesting e-mail from the seller (ID withheld to

protect the innocent, uh, or guilty as the case may be):

Hello,

First of all, I am very sorry for all the hectics that I have caused to you for the past two

months or so. I was in prison and was deported to [foreign country] because of my visa

status. I know that whatever excuse I give, you won't believe me. Well, I have already

refunded your money thru paypal. I honestly had no intentions of ripping people off. I have

given all refunds to those people who did not receive any items that I sold. Once again

I apologize for any inconveniences.

Sincerely,

[name withheld]

I bought a cd off eBay and got the same reason for not getting my cd - he said he was in jail, but would send off the cd in the next couple of days...after a week, I sent him another email asking where the hell it was , and he "disconnected" his email - came back as undeliverable. Oh well....it was only $4..

Anyone else that needs a free $4, just let me know. wink.gif

That was actually pretty cool of him. When I don't hear from a high bidder for a long time, I always wonder if they died or something tragic. One guy emailed me about 2 weeks after an auction ended and said his brother had died in a car wreck and that's why he was so late in responding. frown.gif

Lucky for you I am a psychic and can talk to the dead...

Other good excuses for not shipping stuff(just brainstorming)

1. My post office blew up

2. I'm grounded

3. My midget sent it to the wrong guy and he won't send it back

4. My house burned down

5. I smoked it

Now, now - that was my 2-year old colored on the scan.

Play nice if you're going to play. wink.gif

And while I don't have any "rare" non-existant CD's, I do have some

"Gem" CD's - i could sell them for $4 each, but you'd still have to

pay priority shipping.