• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JLA/Avengers... Do you expect to be disappointed?

36 posts in this topic

Issue #1 finally comes out on Thursday of this week...

After years and years of anticipation on this book, do you expect to be disappointed?

I know I do... And not because I think they'll do a bad job on it, but come on... Wouldn't this book have been better ten years ago? It's one of those where it just seems like the moment has passed...

I hope I am wrong... but I have had several customers place orders for the series who have told me they expect it to suck... frown.gif

Nope. I'm still looking forwards to it. I prefer not to judge a book like this until after it comes out.

However, I thoroughly enjoyed Busiek and Perez's run on Avengers a couple of years ago, so I'm about 100% certain it will be better than about 95% of what's being published by the Big Two.

And I think they will do a story much larger in scope and quality than the original's -script called for. Wasn't the original's -script supposed to be a bit of a hack job anyway? I'm sure I've read interviews with Shooter and Levitz that say that no one was really happy with the story progression and that it was already closing the door on any future Marvel and DC collaborations.

Kev

No I doubt I'll be disappointed because my only reason for buying the book is for the artwork... nothing to do with the story frankly. Crossover stories generally have lame stories, so if I get some cool moments and some decent story I'll be excited.

No I doubt I'll be disappointed because my only reason for buying the book is for the artwork... nothing to do with the story frankly. Crossover stories generally have lame stories, so if I get some cool moments and some decent story I'll be excited.

Yup

I wonder if good ole ACCESS will get mentioned

Yes....I also believe the time for this crossover has passed. The perfect time was shortly after the JLA was relaunched and who was the better team was all the rage among fans and periodicals like Wizard.

And to add another reason.....I was disappointed with Busiek and Perez's Avengers run. Other than the Ultron arc (which was great), I found the title boring and bland. The art was very good but couldn't overcome some pretty mediocre storylines.

Jim

Well I just read it on my way in to the office.

I'm not disappointed. Perez has outdone himself once again. Busiek has added some nice character moments.

Nice set-up, I hope the series holds up.

I particularly liked the way that the team leaders react upon seeing the other universes.

Kev

Maybe it was in those preview books that came out a week early. My store told me that some retailers get theirs in a day early (Tuesday instead of Wednesday) and would get in trouble if it was found out that they sold theirs earlier than the rest of the stores? 893naughty-thumb.gif

Paradise got their books in today (and that's all the books for this week - not just preview copies), as did most comic shops in the Toronto area.

That may be because Peter drives out to the airport to pick them up from the warehouse.

Good thing too, as UDON is holding a special in-store promotion at the Beguiling today for Street Fighter #1. It would kind of suck if they had no comic to sign.

If Diamond ships the books directly to your store then I guess they will be arriving tomorrow.

Kev