• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

donald duck with gun

19 posts in this topic

He has a pop gun on the cover of WDC&S 71 (I believe it's 71...) where he's trying to shoot a bumble bee off his beak.

I can't find an image to include here, but it's my favorite cover!

Issue 10 has him lighting a canon.

68 he has a hunting rifle.

69 is the classic gun cover where he's shooting a bee off his bill.

104 he has a holstered gun

After that I didn't see any.

Donald 77 he has a ray gun.

Donald 103

Donald 123 has a canon

Beagle Boys 21 has Scrooge with a Musket

Donald 110 127 HDL have toy guns

Dolad 119 his dorky cousin has a pistol.

Thanks, Scrooge. I went to the GCD and couldn't find the issue...Hmm...I need to learn how to use that place...

I have run into situations where I do search and come up with bupkis. Re-submit it and all of the sudden it finds the title. Very bizarre.

Thanks, Scrooge. I went to the GCD and couldn't find the issue...Hmm...I need to learn how to use that place...

I have run into situations where I do search and come up with bupkis. Re-submit it and all of the sudden it finds the title. Very bizarre.

Well, on this title, I also had trouble since I searched for Walt Disney Comics and got not much as it is listed as Walt Disney's Comics. I found the cover after widening my search.

thansk for the info guys!

looks like it might be a fun side project

what about disneys politically incorrect covers?any 'slap a jap" kind of stuff out there?

i would love to have some "dark side" of disney focus

thansk for the info guys!

looks like it might be a fun side project

what about disneys politically incorrect covers?any 'slap a jap" kind of stuff out there?

i would love to have some "dark side" of disney focus

Get the Walt Disney's Comics And Stories #126 PARATROOPER cover! buy it now! ( I can pretty much guarantee that there's not going to be a slap a jap cover in walt disney books, of course I've been wrong before)

Start with WDCS 13 (HDL and Donald smoking cigars on the cover)

Then issue 112 where Donald sniffs ether and hallucinates. Incredible Barks panels in that one. Thats broken out in the guide too.

The Scrooge 64 is also broken out as a western imperialism cover/story but I never saw the big deal on this one.

Four Color 379 is a seriously undervalued book. 2nd Scrooge cover ever and predates 386 as well as WDCS 140. His first cover is FC 353 on a Duck Family Album and its only a head shot. The 379 is a full body action shot. The incorrect part is that "Southern Hospitality" has Scrooge overseeing the Duck boys picking cotton as a plantation owner. You won't see this one reprinted. Value is low as it has no Barks art.

Others I like were the WDCS 34-40 where Mickey Mouse is fighting the Nazi's. Something about Mickey and swastikas in the same panels is a little off.

WDCS 47 is a good one too where Donald is looking at his own devil face on the viola.

The Scrooge 64 is also broken out as a western imperialism cover/story but I never saw the big deal on this one.

It's a story that takes place in Vietnam during the war. Clearly not the typical funny animal story.

It's by no means the greatest art or story but the cultural context makes it interesting to me.