• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Punisher!

28 posts in this topic

Both of my parents were kids in the depression. One Christmas, my father's only gift was an orange. He loved orange juice, so he took the orange, squeezed it, added a bunch of water and managed to make 2 and half glasses of orange juice out of one orange. He said it was one of his favorite Christmas's.

My Mom used to make him fresh squeezed orange juice all winter long. Even after he passed away, she continued to make the juice -- just couldn't shake the habit.

It is sad and it is not sad. In some ways I am glad he passed away. Now before you get overly shocked, I say this because he suffered the indignity of Alzheimers for the past two years. For a man whose persona is based on the rigid formality of

powerful masculinity, I can think of few things as hideous as this disease. To succumb after 2 years is , perhaps, a better fate then totally being eroded by this horror that can only lead to complete helplessness.

Still sad to see some of these great old entertainers go as time goes on.

Boy, you said it...I cannot think of another time in my life when there have been so many deaths of famous people in such a short period of time. Just off the top of my head, we've had Bob Hope, Chuck Bronson, Kate Hepburn, Barry White, etc. in rapid succession, not to mention David Brinkley, Bobby Bonds, Donald Regan, Denis Thatcher (Margaret's husband)...heck, didn't even Idi Amin just die too?

Anyway, I'll remember Bronson the most for Death Wish II...watching that very rated-R film at my friend's place on HBO when we were like 12 or 13 years old. R.I.P., Chuck.

Gene

I remember Charlies Bronson the best in The Dirty Dozen a classic movie my dad always watched when I was growing up. He always looked so tough and like such a fighter. 81 years is a good long life after growing up during the depression. Rest In Peace

[quote

"You can't even buy a decent automobile for less than $100Gs or a house that you aren't embarrassed to be seen putting the key in the lock at for less than $800Gs unless you're willing to live in a hovel that was built 50+ years ago and is falling apart right around you."

It's disgusting.

I am with you Andrew. Comments like those you have quoted, the constant threads about making and losing money on COMICS, the endless feuds among forum members and the lunatics like Mr Nice. For God's sake get a life.