• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BagsUnlimited Sale

38 posts in this topic

Yeah, I have no answer - but a quarter for a poly is bonkers. The bags from CGC are free!!! The aren't so hot, but you get what you pay for... :-)

My problem with the free bags is that I can't easily see the label, and it looks like a mess in a box. With the BU bag, my sanity is preserved and I can easily see what the heck I have.

Wow, thanks for bringing the cost to my attention. I've spent over $200 to rebag my books...man that's another book or two foreheadslap.gif

It looks like to me they are the only game in town. Now if Russ can come out with a competitor product that looks/feels the same for half the price, now we'll be talking!

Yeah, I have no answer - but a quarter for a poly is bonkers. The bags from CGC are free!!! The aren't so hot, but you get what you pay for... :-)

My problem with the free bags is that I can't easily see the label, and it looks like a mess in a box. With the BU bag, my sanity is preserved and I can easily see what the heck I have.

Wow, thanks for bringing the cost to my attention. I've spent over $200 to rebag my books...man that's another book or two foreheadslap.gif

It looks like to me they are the only game in town. Now if Russ can come out with a competitor product that looks/feels the same for half the price, now we'll be talking!

If I owned 200 slabs, and was planning on keeping them forever, and was as anal as you . . . I'd be all over these bags at a quarter a piece . . . grin.gif

poke2.gif

BCE Mylar is the only company I ever buy supplies from. They are the best there is when it comes to protecting your collection. Period!

Thats a big call to be making.

I am interested how you come to that conclusion that they are the best when comparing against products like E-gerber mylar products.

I have never used BCE Mylars before and would like to know why I would think of giving them a go.

Thanks,

Russ...

I love these bags. if only shipping wasn't so expensive. i think a quarter a bag is a good price. i mean it's not like people have millions of slabs to bag.

Speak for yourself. grin.gif

893whatthe.gif

So roughly how many slabs DO you have sterling? hail.gif

Yes but BCE shows up at all of the conventions (San Diego, Orlando, Philly, ect.)and often gives you even better deals than above. What I mean by this is often at checkout they "Throw in a bunch of free stuff". Try a pack of their Life-X-Tenders and I swear you will never go back. This a sheet of laminated charcoal that reduces aging. W/ BCE you never have to change the mylars and you can leave then in there for 300 or 400 years! Not to mention Bill Cole is an Overstreet Adviser. I buy comics and supplies ONLY from Overstreet Advisors or Network of Discloser members.

Jesus. Where do I begin. poke2.gif

I believe the free shipping is just east of the Mississippi. I know I pay shipping for my mailers.

I'm east of the Mississippi 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

In fine print is says "East of the Mississippi, West of Europe" makepoint.gif

good deal for collectors in Greenland or Iceland.

poke2.gif

BCE Mylar is the only company I ever buy supplies from. They are the best there is when it comes to protecting your collection. Period!

BCE Mylar is a good company; I've ordered from there before and like their products, but if I recall they were on the pricey side. I personally like eGerber for my stuff, and ComicSupply delivers nicely on that.

BCE Mylar is a good company; I've ordered from there before and like their products, but if I recall they were on the pricey side. I personally like eGerber for my stuff, and ComicSupply delivers nicely on that.

I agree with this. I hear BCE has improved quite a bit. I had problems with their stuff in the early 90s.

I'm still convinced Gerber is better, though. Even though BCE is local to me, I still order from Gerber and pay the shipping, and the cost is roughly equal or even better sometimes - with the shipping added on.

If I owned 200 slabs, and was planning on keeping them forever, and was as anal as you . . . I'd be all over these bags at a quarter a piece . . . grin.gif

poke2.gif

Seriously, though... 27_laughing.gif I would buy a mylar product at $0.25 each with the same properties (tight fit, can see the top label, etc) but how long will it be before the 3 mil polyeth. picks up moisture and gets wavy? 18 months, tops? Never?

Come to think of it, the bags CGC uses haven't gotten wavy in 6 years... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Why the heck do the Fun Yet and Berco/Collector Safe bags get wavy in less than 6 months????

Who sells those clear one(almost like mylar bags), the resealable ones?

Bags Unlimited...

I have about 300 of the resealable bags from BU that I'd like to pawn off on someone. I prefer the not-so-clear plastic bags. Anyone want them at 1/3 off from the BU price, plus whatever shipping is cheapest??? 893naughty-thumb.gif

Bags Unlimited...

I have about 300 of the resealable bags from BU that I'd like to pawn off on someone. I prefer the not-so-clear plastic bags. Anyone want them at 1/3 off from the BU price, plus whatever shipping is cheapest??? 893naughty-thumb.gif

They brand new? If so i'll take 100.

Bags Unlimited...

They brand new? If so i'll take 100.

i'll take the rest.