• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,057 posts in this topic

I was thinking you guys should go for this!

Any predictions on what it will go for?

$25k. will be interesting to see which goes for more the jla #1 or the b&b #28.

I agree with the $25K mark. I would think the JLA #1 would go for more since it is the highest graded and a 9.4 rather than a 9.2....predict 30K for the JLA 1

Dumped a lil early, doncha think, Buff?

Hope your #60 comes back Aces (always looking to upgrade)!

Rick

Nah, I dont mind so much. I wasn't getting any satisfaction from collecting them because I kinda fell into them on a whim.

http://comics.ha.com/common/auction/preview.php?Sale_No=828&Consignor_No=0&optGlobalSearch=&cboDenomination=All&txtSearch=justice+league&hdnSearch=True&SaleNo=828

That is an incredible selection of JLA/BB's in one auction that I have ever seen :o

Not many people out there that can compete for JLA #1 or BB #28...but there is so much stuff it's mind-boggling...

Can we all leave some leftovers for me?? :wishluck:

Like, say a JLA #6 in 9.4....

I'll even take the BB #29 in only 9.0 :insane:

So what do we think a JLA 1 is worth in....

9.4-

9.2-

9.0-

Opinions?

$30k

$15k

$10k

assuming they're at least OW and don't have fugly miscuts/wraps. we'll know in one month's time what someone or sometwo believe the toth copy is worth.

I totally agree (thumbs u

The 9.4 is worth much more than 30K.

how much more? last one sold for $29.9k. of course, that was a former 9.2. where's tim to correct me if i'm forgetting a few but i can think of two verified sales of silver age DC for north of $30k- the b&b #28 9.4 for $60k and a showcase #4 9.2 for $62k.

how much more? last one sold for $29.9k. of course, that was a former 9.2. where's tim to correct me if i'm forgetting a few but i can think of two verified sales of silver age DC for north of $30k- the b&b #28 9.4 for $60k and a showcase #4 9.2 for $62k.

Last 9.4 sold for $29900 3 years ago and that had questions around it.

Last 9.2 sold for $27600 4 years ago.

Going on a limb I'm thinking the 9.4 is worth much more than $30,000 at this point.

Going on a limb I'm thinking the 9.4 is worth much more than $30,000 at this point.

i believe the 9.2 that sold 4 years ago and the 9.4 that sold 3 years ago were the same book in different slabs. it will be interesting but these ain't no marvels- again, it only takes two to tango (or as some have suggested, when it's a heritage auction it only takes one). the speculation is fascinating but the proof will be when the hammer comes down. i'll be watching

i believe the 9.2 that sold 4 years ago and the 9.4 that sold 3 years ago were the same book in different slabs. it will be interesting but these ain't no marvels- again, it only takes two to tango (or as some have suggested, when it's a heritage auction it only takes one). the speculation is fascinating but the proof will be when the hammer comes down. i'll be watching

You`re correct, the 9.2 and 9.4 were the same book. There was an interim sale between the 2 Heritage sales, though, when the book was reputedly sold, along with the 9.4-used-to-be-a-9.2-before-it-got-cleaned Flash 105, to JP for $100K total.

I think there seems to be some new money that has entered the SA DC market, so my guess is that it will take at least $35-40K to win the JLA 1.

When I read this, I thought it had to be wrong. But as I thought a little further, and checked back on Heritage, I realized you`re absolutely right. The 9.4 Flash 105 that used to be a 9.2 also sold for $29.9K. Of course there have been some private sales above $30K that I`m aware of, but you`re right about the public sales. Which is really staggering, and points to the scarcity of the really big books in grade and the fact that they almost never trade hands.